• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Flood: Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flood: Part 5
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

*SPOILER ALERT* Do not check the demo or read this post if you want to see the full cinematic.

Testing

Story:

I think some of you already know the story of The Flood Series, but for those who don't:

It's about Illidan who brings the Naga to his army, to fight his enemies and to

free azeroth from an evil curse. Many Great leaders have been struck by this

curse, which makes them evil and so they destroy everything. Maiev is the

most dangerous foe, who tries to stop Illidan from ruining her plans. Yet she

was killed in Part 4. Now Illidan is on his way to find the true evil who has

cursed all these leaders.

Demo:

The Cinematic is not completely finished and it has been posted here so i can hear your thoughts!

The Map can be downloaded right here!
When the cinematic is over, just press esc to leave.

Have fun and let me see some helpful comments:)

Also:

This is the last part.

Progress: IIIIIIIIII 100%

The cinematic has been uploaded.

Attachments

• tf p5.w3x
    6.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 5
First of, I liked the cinematic, but there were a couple of things that bothered me. Here's a short list of things I wrote while watching it:

-You need a proper intro. I assume, as this map is not finished yet, you already had in mind to change to current intro, but I wanted to point it out just to be on the safe side.

-I don't think "Für Elise" fits Illidan or the entry sequence in any way.

-The camera movement was too jerky and it didn't always capture the scenes from the best angles.

-The transition from the first music peace to the second was way too abrupt.

-The fight between Kael'thas and Illidan is strange. They port and channel and a couple of minor effects pop up. Maybe you should add some more magical missiles to the scene (which could then be evaded by short-range-teleporting or magical shields), so the viewer can actually see how they're trying to hurt themselves. Also, showing Kael'thas' death in slow-mow looked good, but when you switched back to the normal speed of the cinematic, it looked ridiculous as he fell way too fast in comparison to before.

-The terrain as of now is pretty basic, you could definately improve it a bit more (especially at the scene, when Illidan is shown from above, standing before the city-thing in which Kael'thas waits for him).

-I can't really say anything about the story, as I haven't watched the previous parts, but my impressions were, that it was no interesting, but weird in way (as I obviously had no idea what had been going on before).

That's about it, can't remember anything else, if I come up with something I forgot, I'll post it here. Hope I could help you.

lol that was fast, yet some of your points are not really "right", but thx for your suggestions and i think the "Für Elise" music is kinda good.
That was mean.
-You need a proper intro. I assume, as this map is not finished yet, you already had in mind to change to current intro, but I wanted to point it out just to be on the safe side.
What intro? I don't think i have to make an intro before starting the last part:S

Level 5
lol that was fast, yet some of your points are not really "right", but thx for your suggestions and i think the "Für Elise" music is kinda good.

That was mean.

It wasn't supposed to be, I apologize for the misunderstanding

What intro? I don't think i have to make an intro before starting the last part:S

Just something like Vengeancekael presents... The Flood part 5, underline that with some fitting music and it should do fine

yet some of your points are not really "right"

Which ones? I am sorry for any wrong observations I might have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.