• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow Moon Clan Pig Farm

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This pig farm Clan Shadow of the Moon, is the processing of the standard pig, used as well as the usual.

Keywords:
Horde, Orc, Shadow Moon Clan, Pig Farm, Building.
Contents

Shadow Moon Clan Pig Farm (Model)

Reviews
15:27, 26th Oct 2014 MiniMage: Could work as an upgrade to the pig farm, please work on lowering the filesize, however.

M

15:27, 26th Oct 2014
MiniMage: Could work as an upgrade to the pig farm, please work on lowering the filesize, however.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This, while relatively simple, is a really cool sort of "expanded/tier-2" (literally) Pig Farm. It appears to be a perfect fit for Warcraft (except for the below), so I say 'aye'. : )

The only real problem is that tree. While cool & thematic, you'll find that Blizzard avoided such things in their models (i.e. trees, certain doodads) because it would clash in different tilesets. Imagine a building like this, but on a Northrend-themed map; the tileset's dead broken trees would look really weird next to this flowering Barrens tree.

Just my two cents. Remove the tree (perhaps tree-in as an alternate version?) and you've got a winner.

Level 21
Really lovely mode, I would use it for cinematics when making orcish settlements.

I thought Blizzard avoided trees,doodads because they were lazy. They clearly could do it as you can see with mountain giant, cave entrance model etc. One of my crazy theories is they had actually at some point in production lost some or all of their files and had rush the end product which is why we didn't get many things that were promised or at least beta trees.

Really lovely mode, I would use it for cinematics when making orcish settlements.

I thought Blizzard avoided trees,doodads because they were lazy. They clearly could do it as you can see with mountain giant, cave entrance model etc. One of my crazy theories is they had actually at some point in production lost some or all of their files and had rush the end product which is why we didn't get many things that were promised or at least beta trees.

Wrong, it is impossible to loose files. The data is shared between multiple PC's in the office. They share data using cables and wires (or Internet), it is much more faster and efficient. They scraped the alpha and beta to create Warcraft 1/ Warcraft 2 related product - Warcraft 3. They wanted it to match Warcraft 2 as close as it could, thus the alpha RPS (Role Playing Strategy) was scraped. To be honest, I would have actually liked war3 alpha more than the current retail.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wrong, it is impossible to loose files.
Problem #1: You don't know whether he's wrong or not. None of us know. It might be unlikely, unfeasible or implausible, but you cannot simply claim it as wrong. Opinion vs. opinion.

Problem #2: "Impossible to lose files", eh? Tell that to the hundreds of modders who have had hard drive failures, accidental deletions, power outages, and other problems. It is not only possible to lose files, it's relatively likely & a relatively common problem of the digital age.

If perhaps you meant "they aren't likely to have lost any files, due to the probably existence of a network & shared files/resources while working on it", then sure. But say that.

Velkjom said:
I thought Blizzard avoided trees,doodads because they were lazy. They clearly could do it as you can see with mountain giant, cave entrance model etc.
They can, and they do for things that are fixed to a particular tileset. But they had to make the racial structures (& units & heroes & such) able to fit/make sense regardless of the tileset.

I ran into this with someone else making a model for me; I was asking for an elite Troll warrior with a leafy cape, and he ended up using the Sunken Ruins treetop to make the 'cape'. And I tried to explain to him what I explained above; "sure, it'd look great in the Sunken Ruins... But what about Barrens? Or Northrend? Where do they get the leaves??"

It didn't work. I'm not using that model.

Level 9
Very nice quality I Really like how this looks but the bench feels out of place perhaps replace it with a bigger tree similar to these other trees and the pig looks little too fat maybe divide it into 3 pigs or something, impressive trees though 4.7/5