• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Service] - Store your player's stats and progress online

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this service you can store and retrieve player or character data from a web server.

Features
  1. 100% Optional.
  2. Store save codes online.
  3. Access your character from any computer without writing down their save code.
  4. Load without typing a code.
  5. Works with any save & load system.

It works by sending player save codes to the server, and then it stores them by player name. However, since multiple players can have the same name, you can also define a key. All codes are saved every X seconds under the key "auto", but you should also save manually under a key you defined. For example:

-save someuniquekey
-load someuniquekey

YpUDlJt.png

Requires

Attachments

• HTTP Save System (SharpCraft).w3x
    120.9 KB · Views: 70

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Is it fool proof? I mean, I can just upload junks to your database, right?
TriggerHappy can rely on our good will!

Why isn't it taking my 1TB pron folder?

Edit: Nvm I got it uploading now! Might be ready before next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it fool proof? I mean, I can just upload junks to your database, right?
I can't test it for now as I don't have Sharpcraft installed properly yet.

The most I will probably do if people abuse it is limit how many inserts per IP address. There's already a 256 character limit.

You don't really need to install SharpCraft, it runs from any folder. Just download my JNGP package and you can test easily.

So when you say it requires one player to have Sharpcraft, can that player also be a hostbot? Because in that case, we could just store our data online and actually need no real player to have Sharpcraft.

Hostbots don't run the game client so I don't think they can use SharpCraft. You could however make a plugin or something for a hostbot which uses my server to store/retrieve codes.

Level 25
This is interesting. Could a hostbot access savegames and the gamecache? In this case it could somehow send the gamecache data to a player who uses SharpCraft with a service listening for the hostbot and the hostbot could automatically rehost the next chapter or a saved game. This would allow COOP campaigns with map transitions. Does anybody know if this would be possible with the existing hostbots? Or is there a desync if you load data from the gamecache in multiplayer even if it is the same?

Level 25
I thought it will change the map for each player async, so every player plays the next map on its own. Doesn't your mod ([Role Playing Game] - Warcraft 3 MMO - Persistent Gameplay) work that way that you synchronize all the combat etc. via your systems? How does your map switch work for Warcraft 3 MMO? Can you make a complete package which can be implemented for any map/mod? If the MMO systems are stable enough. I really would like to use this for my mod, too (of course optional) since I have multiple maps and a big RPG modification. This project is probably the best thing for Warcraft modding I have seen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.