• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW: Single Player mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was messing around with campaign editor and then I got a great idea!
Make two versions of the map.
the single online multiplayer map
and then the Single player Campaign map where codes will work with either, but of course with the Campaign you don't even need codes, but it will be placed so you can save your hero and load it to the online map.

E.g.
Campaign saves: up to 3 heros.
-store 1
-store 2
-store 3
or
-save (spits out online code)

Campaign loading:
Loading area that you can select your hero and in this map you can also type
-load (code)

Its so simple :) I've already started working on it last night. It will simulate an MMO in the single player mode.

Cheat Detection:
There will be cheat detection too :) so as soon as you type a cheat will boot you before the damage is done. Also there will be an auto save every 15 seconds.

There will be cheat detection too :) so as soon as you type a cheat will boot you
that seems a bit to hard for me.
If you have a good character, with unique items, and you haven't saved, all is lost,
and the player don't have the fun to search all these items again.
maybe that every unit of the player will be paused, so he can't attack, and giving a countdown. When the player haven't disabled the cheat until the countdown timer reaches 0, he/she will be kicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.