1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sen'jin's Hideout

Submitted by Granite_Golem, mafe, Mr.Henci
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Sen'jin's Hideout

Map Description

This map was played in Hi2Chaco League

After Thrall and the Darkspear trolls had abandoned the Lost Isles, there was nobody remaining to claim their treasures. Are you brave enough to take them all.

Sen'jin's Hideout is 1v1 player map.

Contains:
-13 500g base (2x) 12 500g exp(2x) 9 500g exp(2x)
-10 green camps
-12 orange camps
- 2 red camps
- 1 Tavern
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 1 Mercenary Camp
- 1 Goblin Laboratory
- 1 Marketplace​

Screenshots

Screenshot #1
[​IMG]

Screenshot #2
[​IMG]

Screenshot #3
[​IMG]

Screenshot #4
[​IMG]

Changelog

Version 1
[2018-06-08]

• Map Uploaded.

Version 1.1
[2018-06-17]

• Opened up southwest of the map
    • Added trees to the main
    • Swaped few orange and green spots

Version 1.4
[2019-05-24]

• Balanced some item drops
    • Cleared builfing space in main base spots
    • Some creepspot balancing
    • Minor graphical improvements

Version 1.6
[2019-08-09]

• Balance changes made by @mafe & @Granite_Golem

• Most of the creeps were adjusted to W3 ladder standart
    • Added new creep spot
    • Item drops were balanced
    • Added new gold mine on the southwestern island
    • Removed several trees on various locations in order to widen some paths and chokepoints
    • Added critters

Version 2.1
[2019-10-16]

• Map name changed from Lost Isles to Sen'jin's Hideout
    • Main bases were moved closer together
    • Shipyard was removed from the map
    • Marketplace was added
    • Slight visual improvements
    • Removed rain
    • The fog effect was toned down
    • Added easter eggs

Author's Notes
My take on the War3 Demo Campaign Lost Isles theme. The only thing which I missed are the Darkspear trolls as Neutral Hostiles, but still I think it resembles it quite nicely.

Have any suggestion? Please write a comment. I am opened to any ideas. Have a nice day!
Previews
Contents

Sen'jin's Hideout (Map)

Reviews
mafe
I've only played the Demo campaign once and it is only vaguely in the back of mind, so I cant really comment on whether you hit the theme. Is it hidden somewhere in the default installation or to I have to download it from somwhere? Sure enough there...
Knecht
Visually pleasing, reminiscent of the demo campaign, barrens rocks merge well with loarderon grass. I love when two different tilesets work together like in this case. All the little waterfalls on the side of the isle are a neat little detail. I won't...
Alxen345
The map seems balanced in resources. Both players need to walk the same distance in order to access the additional Gold mines. Neutral Buildings are well placed. The map is done well and is enjoyable for a 1vs1. Although, what you should consider...
deepstrasz
Build space is a bit thin. Many Neutral hostile units don't start with full mana. Approved.
  1. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've only played the Demo campaign once and it is only vaguely in the back of mind, so I cant really comment on whether you hit the theme. Is it hidden somewhere in the default installation or to I have to download it from somwhere? Sure enough there wasnt Tavern in there :p
    Anyway, as a map on its own it is of course very good, as I would have expected from you. I also like the visual style, everything looks alive but nothing is too distracting. As you have asked for suggestions:
    -Some paths/chokes in the southwest quarter of the map are very narrow. Bad for melee units. I dont think orcs can win a fight vs talons there.
    -The main bases could benefit from a little more space for buildings. The number of trees is probably just enough, but to be safe I would add a few more in each base.
    -Right now, most green camps are in the middle but few near the sides of the map, while for orange/red camps it is the other way around. I would maybe swap one set of each of those so that you also have the option to take a small green camp in a safe location, and that there are more valuable creep camps to fight for in the central areas of the map.

2. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good points. I will try to rework southeast area, since in my test runs it wasn't really a problem but looking at it now, it can definitely be a hassle. Thanks for pointing that out.

You should have it in your custom campaigns tab by default, but it's voiceless. Good news however, @Kostyarik made a version w/ voice overs which you can download here: Exodus of the Horde.

Let's just say that pandarens see business in every corner of the world :D

3. Knecht

Knecht

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Visually pleasing, reminiscent of the demo campaign, barrens rocks merge well with loarderon grass. I love when two different tilesets work together like in this case. All the little waterfalls on the side of the isle are a neat little detail. I won't say much about the general balance since mafe said pretty much everything. There's quite a lot of chokepoints in there I must say.

What I will talk about though is the shipyard, as I'm a boat connoisseur myself :cgrin: I must say, ever since Thawing Snow I studied every aspect of boats in w3, every single "bug" that might come with them. That being said, here are my thoughts on the shipyard itself.

The shipyard on this map has little use other than "Oh, the level 9 lizard splash attack killed my zeppelin, what now" on this map. More so, you can get the boats only in late game as you need a zeppelin/flying unit and time as the shipyard is in the far corner of the map. As you persumably already have a zeppelin by the time you can get a boat, there's almost no point in buying a boat. The only other use for the boat might be its speed as it is faster than many ground units. Let's take steam tanks as an example, they benefit the boats the most on this map. A blitzkrieg like this would steamroll the enemy expo, though you'd need a battalion of ships as one can carry only two steam tanks. However, you put a lord.summer merc camp in here too, which gives both players the ability to ensnare (there's the mud golem with slow too, as slow is the only one of two movement impairing magic abilities that can be cast on boats, the other being farseer's earthquake). Unlike zeppelins, the boats can be surrounded - therefore it renders the boats even more useless here. I don't know whether you made the two choke points for boats intentionally as there is no other way than through the green murloc camp with ensnare (I must say it spices up the boat game on this map :cgrin:)

The problem with boats is, that the map must submit to them for them to work. This however isn't a boat map so you should not submit to the boats. I'm sorry for my rant, I could write more on the possible use of boats on this map and how it might work but I won't as this shouldn't be a boat map. I'm not saying you should remove the shipyard, only that it won't see much play imo. Boats are pretty boring in w3 after all and the only use for them is to be a gimmick that rarely works.

I quite like this map. :cgrin:

4. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey @Knecht nice to see you are still around!

Thanks! Yeah, I will try to fix it my next update.

This is the sole reason for the shipyard. During my playtesting, I went on to buy zeppelin and went to the Loot Isle. However, my opponent spotted it and killed my zeppelin w/ gargs, hence I ended up on this Isle without Scroll and a way to get out honestly, since even zeppelin was on cooldown. 2nd Goblin Lab didn't feel right, so I opted for Shipyard while I also limited ship usefulness.

5. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The map seems balanced in resources.
    Both players need to walk the same distance
    in order to access the additional Gold mines.

Neutral Buildings are well placed.

The map is done well and is enjoyable for a 1vs1.

Although, what you should consider changing is where that
    goblin shipyard is placed. Make a passable way to it instead of having to get a
    goblin zeppelin to reach it.

Overall, it deserves a 4/5 from me, vote for approval.

6. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks

The only reason for shipyard on this map is to get away from the loot island if your zeppelin is destroyed. If I would place it elsewhere, it would have no reason to be on this map, since zeppelin is already there.

7. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Aha. Understood. Anyway, don't worry. That was only a personal suggestion. The map is nice overall. It should get approved. :)

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Build space is a bit thin.
    Many Neutral hostile units don't start with full mana.

Approved.

9. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, I went throug some Blizz maps and found out, that 0 starting mana is an intentional part of melee maps. When you set 200 creep agro (camp), WE will automatically set the units mana to 0. I guess @mafe could share his knowledge on this issue.

Thanks for the approval.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Interesting. Maybe, it was intended all along for some sort of balance reasons although I don't see it fair when heroes come out of the Tavern or Altars with full mana (unless revived). Spell caster units don't, but they are trained later anyway.

11. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Creep mana is something I'm not sure about. I thought that it was set to 0 on most maps, but when I checked a few weeks (on some randomly chosen maps and creeps), I wasnt able to confirm this and all creeps had full mana. However, I am 100% there was an issue of a pro player complaining that the orge mage on the goblin shop on LR was starting with less mana than the one on the right (or vice versa). I can and probably will invest some further time into this matter, because I'm still curious myself.

As another thing in tha back of my mind about some creep not starting with full mana, I think the lvl 5 rogue wizard (or whatever his exact name is) doesnt use lightning shield on some maps early on, which iirc due to starting with no mana and intended to be a BUFF to the creep because the lightning shield could be used to speed up creeping. Feel free to rmind me again in a few days if I havent posted anything further.
    Another thing I have to checked. I never noticed this behavior, but then again I only learned about these creep-mana issue a few months back.

12. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map!

1) The orange creep level 15, the gigant tortoise level 17 loots a permanent level 4.
    The Orgre lord level 7 of the red creep level 21 defending the goldmine in the rigth up corner loots also loots a permanent level 4

I think a permanent level 4 for a level 15 creep is a bit to much, permanent level 3 or charged level 3 seems more ok.
    Or increase the creep level to 17 or more ( I think this is the best option).

I think level 4 items are for creeps level 17-22 aprox
    while level 3 items are for 14-18 aprox
    And I always consider charged items < than permanent items

2) Agree that base is small, I would remove the wood in front of the starting location near those barrens columns to have more space, you can alwasy expand the land area passing the goldmine to the sea, have more terrain = to have more wood.

3) Agree that the shipyard doesn´t have a strategic role. For a safe return I would put another goblin lab.

rating 4/5

"When you set 200 creep agro (camp), WE will automatically set the units mana to 0."

Yep, thats why I put in camp mode one unit at time and not a group of units.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  13. btp|Lancer

btp|Lancer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Love the map design. The tileset and the creep variety is almost perfect for me. Natural expansion in a properly distance, love it. Every neutral building except the shop are in the middle of the map, so it makes it more contestable. Item drop is okay.

Something I think you should consider for a competitive map are:
    • Sasquatch level 6 and level 5 camp (which is considered GREEN SPOT) is pretty hard to kill. They are hard units and still might summon 3 or 6 more treants..
    • Red bottom creep is just impossible to kill. You need a huge army and non low health units. Rewarding with health rune might solve the problem. Not sure..