• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bandit Hideout

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
4ever_gamer Presents

Bandit Hideout
Created by 4ever_gamer

Map Info:

The idea of the map came into my mind when I was bored.
Map Description:
One of the hideouts of the bandits that was discovered. Now fought by the four races because of the goods stolen by bandits that was stored in here.

Features:

A 1v1 melee map with 10 green creep camps,3 orange creep camps, 4 red creep camps, 2 gold mine reserves,
2 goblin merchants, 2 goblin laboratories, 2 mercenery camps, 2 taverns & 1 Fountain of life

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Entire Map

231817-albums6679-picture73214.png

Image Description:
Fountain Guardians

231817-albums6679-picture73211.png

Image Description:
Merchant Guardians

231817-albums6679-picture73212.png

Image Description:
Some Forest Trolls

231817-albums6679-picture73213.png

8-20-2013: Changed some creep camps, Changed map name & description, Added new doodads, Improved terriain

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Hideout, Bandit, bandits, village, melee
Contents

Bandit Hideout (Map)

Reviews
10:01, 20th Aug 2013 Orcnet: review
Level 13
Comment

Map looks good, nice description, grate screenshots

Terrain

Terrain flat, some of the trees are behind the black border, add some out of the border.

Gameplay

A original melee map.

Final Rating:

Terrain:3/5
Gameplay:4/5
Comment:4/5

FINAL RATING:
4/5

Suggestions
-Please fix terrain

GIFT

Gift board:
1/5=no rep
2/5=1 rep
3/5=2 rep
4/5=3 rep
5/5=4 rep

Rating:4/5=+3 rep :D

Level 32
Twilight, how would one know how much rep someone is giving? I don't see a number when giving rep.

*downloading*

OMG. My 20 minute review got erased. I'm so pissed right now. It had all the BBcodes and everything -_-
I had like 10 paragraphs in it!

EDIT: I managed to rewrite some of it from memory.

Bandit Village

A 1v1 Lordaeron melee map created by 4ever_gamer

Gameplay: 8/10
Terrain: 5/10
Environment: 4/10
Balance: 8/10
Mistakes/Faulty things: 5/10
Description: 9/10

Gameplay: This 1v1 map has open paths which can lead to larger engagements. But, rushing will be harder because of the red camp in the middle of the tiny village. You can go around, but the other 2 paths seem part of the village. Expansions are located in a safe place. It is fun because the layout, it is good to grab a shade or scout in the middle pass, since the is the only natural path. The expansion is in a cool place, if it was protected with objects and terrain more than trees.

Terrain: The terrain is very flat, no cliffs, or raise tool were used. I suggest you make it so you raise the sides of the path, like blizzard does. Your paths are not horrible, but make it so rocks->grass->grassy dirt->dirt->rough dirt combine in the paths, trust me, it will make it look much better.

Trees should not be the only boundary inside the map, that is a very bad idea. Siege units can easily bombard the forest and target your base, especially the closer expansion. Night elves can also bunker up, since they still have the shield of trees they wouldn't cut down. Please enclose the already larger bases with cliffs, or pathing blocked hills. Spamming doodad walls wouldn't look as nice as people would think.

Environment: There aren't any shrubs, bushes, rocks, flowers, grains or anything. Carefully place them around the map, more preferably one by one. The houses you used in the village don't match as those kind of houses fit in city-scape like maps. at. Instead, make small barns, granaries, or inns around the map.

Balance: Completely balanced map if not for the spammed trees. Also, most creeps camps between the two players have an anti-air attacker, which is a good thing.

Mistakes/Faulty Things: Creep camps are hard but the drops fit in. Please take out 1 Bandit lord, and one enforcer in the middle camp. You would see how 2 bandit lords would get along in real life :p. This isn't a mistake, but good job on making the marketplace generate items. Is it randomly? Because one of the markets had more items than the other.

Description: Organized description, with nice screen shots. You can also add more information about the layout.

3/5 average score, voting for pending then approval

Last notes: Make the map look more realistic, or look less plain. Also, +rep to OP

Review by SCN

Last edited:
Level 20
Level 30
Map is very problematic, there are no cliffs or any doodad blocking the main player bases' lumber region without it worker units that auto lumber harvest the area can lead to moving on different places, not to mention hitting creep camps, neutral buildings or going along the way into the enemy player, this is not a good idea.

Creep difficulty is red hot, remember all 1v1 game match is meant to be played quickly so why giving all creep camps a powerful shield? I suggest draining there color codes into green that way its more fitting for a 1v1.

There are no terrain work, it looks more of a forest than a bandit village, not to mention burning there own fort is more like bad game logic.

Level 13