• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Seeking Assistance with World Editor: Custom Terrain Creation

Level 2
Hello fellow Warcraft enthusiasts,

I'm currently working on a custom map project and could really use some guidance with terrain creation in the World Editor. Specifically, I'm aiming to design a unique landscape that captures the essence of a mystical forest, but I'm struggling with achieving the desired aesthetics and gameplay balance.

If anyone has experience with terrain sculpting, tileset blending, or environmental storytelling within the World Editor, I'd greatly appreciate any tips, tutorials, or advice you could offer.
I also check this : https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/issue-with-no-world-editor-and-replacing-wc3-unit-voice-linesinfo

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Level 21
Cultivating your eyes and skills for the right setting doesn't come easy, as you know.

Check the newest tourney (the picture take 6) and older threads for inspiration:

What helps of course, is making sense of the environment:

Different sizes for almost everything for an organic look, such as trees, shrubs, mushrooms.
Avoid using blizzard cliffs, or/and put doodads over them as cover - works well with walls and gates, example:

1713256891317.png

1713256943325.png

And make use of the ultimate terraining map 4.0, especially for interiors.