• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

secondary attack system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

It's probably a trigger-thing, but I prefered to start asking more generally.

One of the things I'd like to add to some units in my campaign is the ability to attack two targets at once, for instance air units being able to fight other air units while simultaneously dropping bombs on ground units they're passing over.
Or a tank having a little machine gun turret which protects the tank from units at close range.

So far I was experimenting with basic world editor abilities, such as 'locust swarm'.
The idea is to have an independent turret that follows the main unit around (in the best case: close enough that it looks attached. Maybe even a turret that is invisible alltogether, the missiles coming aparently from inside the main unit itself). Doesn't get me really far just yet.

Any ideas?

Level 8
you can use the Human Siege Engine barrage ability. from what i remembered you can set what targets it can target (Air-only, Ground-only, Both), set what range it can attack (if you use it to the example on air units attacking ground units, better set the attacking unit's main attack to ground units with 50 range and Barrage ability to target air units with 500 range) and change its missile art.

Status
Not open for further replies.