• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seal of Blessed Light v1.0.2

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Seal of Blessed Light
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Tick the Automatically create unknown variables ... located at File>Preference>General
2. Copy the Seal of Blessed Light ability in the Object Editor
3. Import TimedSpecialEffect and Damage Engine if it is not already within your map --> if you use Reforged, use Damage Engine link instead one provided in the test map. The test map Damage Engine is a version specifically designed to support v1.31 Warcraft III
4. Copy the Seal of Blessed Light Folder in the Trigger Editor
5. Configure the SoBLConfig Trigger according to the comments provided
7. Configure the unit/hero using the ability to have the ability
SPELL DESCRIPTION :
Mark an ally with a blessed seal, preventing lethal damage for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, heal the ally by 200/450/700 hit points. Cannot be dispelled, devoured, nor stolen.
SPELL INFORMATION :
Inspired from LordHatchet95's Holy Light variation with an additional effect of preventing lethal damage before the healing triggers. A simple ability, but I think it can be useful.
MEDIA SHOWCASE :
CHANGELOG :
v1.0.2:
- Added a note regarding Damage Engine
v1.0.1:
- Upgraded Damage Engine in test map from 5.4.2.3 to 5.A.0.0
v1.0:
- Released

CREDIT :
LordHatchet95 - Base Spell Idea
Bribe - Damage Engine
Contents

Seal of Blessed Light (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
Moved to Awating update as requested by the resource owner. Short explanation: Clash of a dependency's different versions when imported with other resources of the same owner.
I know the map utilized an outdated Damage Engine version (5.4.2.3 iirc) since this is the one with 1.31 patch saved in my disk and I am lazy to follow the guide for adding Damage Engine 5.A for 1.31. As always, the reason is always me and being lazy. I recommend people grabbing from Damage Engine 5.A.0.0 official thread instead of using the one provided from the map, especially for Reforged users.

Ultimately any resource is going to end up featuring out-of-date code but this is a terrible attitude and reason for it. You have decided to submit it officially, so... polish it and do it right.
Alright alright, I'll do it later

I don't know how I missed this, but there's a supposed duplication on Damage Engine:
View attachment 456179
Is this tested on Reforged? 1.31 does not have the native so it has to be declared manually. This is why despite providing Damage Engine I still recommend people use the link since the one included in the map had Bribe's recommended modification to allow it running in v1.31 of Warcraft III.

Damage Engine 5.A.0.0 documentation:
Alternatively, adding the below JASS script to the top of the DamageEngine library SHOULD enable it to work too:

JASS:
function BlzGetEventIsAttack takes nothing returns boolean
     return BlzGetEventDamageType() == DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL
endfunction

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Is this tested on Reforged? 1.31 does not have the native so it has to be declared manually. This is why despite providing Damage Engine I still recommend people use the link since the one included in the map had Bribe's recommended modification to allow it running in v1.31 of Warcraft III.

Damage Engine 5.A.0.0 documentation:
Tested on latest patch, 1.36. Yeah I missed the part where you specifically said to download from the link.

Cool spell! I'm using it in my map but it seems to be bugged because I changed it's duration of the shield but it seems like it only lasts for 3 seconds for all levels for some reason. Please fix!
View attachment 470286
I'll investigate the issue first and see what I can do to help fixing it.