• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I got a few questions.

1. Will the models used in this mod be downloadable?
2. How are you proceeding with the work on the mod? Are the members doing a good job?
3. Got any release date of the next demo? (Ol' bugger question)

Level 25
1) Some will be. Others won't be. Some are already exportable, but you will suffer consequences if exported without permission. Perhaps later in the future they might all be released. Definately not promising that though.

2) The progress on the mod is usually fairly fast. At the moment it's moving at average/slow speed, but once I find a GOOD site to upload large files to for others to download (Rapidshare, Filefront, and Yousendit.com all suck and have extremely horrible bandwidth.) then I can pass the mod to triggerer, Saitek, who will fix many bugs, add couple systems, and add some other stuff as well. The team has been quite active and eager for their turn to work on the mod. Progress with communication and actually getting things done is going pretty well too; although it could certainly be better.

3) No release date still. I actually don't have any predictions of the next open beta because we want to include so much more new stuff and fix as many bugs as possible, that way it really impacts the fans of Wc3:WoW and gives a good strong WoW feel. A friend of mine said that I should definately release it during Christmas time... and I just might do that! So look forward to Christmas for an extra present! ;)
Will it be released before Christmas or have a chance of that happening? Definately not! Too much work to get done at the moment to even think of the possibilities.

Should you expect screenshots of new areas? Well I'm going on vacation starting August 1st and after that progress on terrain won't be moving at all. But after I come back, I'll try to get some shots of Elwyn Forest and maybe RFC as well up.

PS: I'm going on vacation starting August 1st. I'll be gone for two weeks. I may be able to get on THW though and be able to answer your questions and so on...

~Craka_J

At the moment it's moving at average/slow speed, but once I find a GOOD site to upload large files to for others to download (Rapidshare, Filefront, and Yousendit.com all suck and have extremely horrible bandwidth.)

http://4shared.com? They can do everything up to 50MB each file, and you get 1GB of space... I use it for my campaign (which is severely pushing the 50MB limit >.=.<)

Level 3
May you have a great vacation, wherever you are going Craka.

Please send me the campaign before you go or I'll have nothing to do while you're gone :sad:
sigh...
Slow Summer

Try to download some free games on the internet. I do that when i'm bored and it is raining.

Level 23
lol, I never mis-use maps so why would I start now? (exept for the fact it's the best campaign ever made but then still I wouldn't do it ^^) I haven't even opened the campaign in the World editor, just for respect for the map ^^.

Level 25
Here's a fun addition to the pain if you disobey our simple request:
If you export anything from Wc3:WoW without permission from the leader of Wc3:WoW, not only will you be banned from the forum (http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow) and IP banned from the multiplayer version's servers, but you'll also recieve negative reputation points for your disrespect for Wc3:WoW and it's creators.

We're not saying that you're trying to take advantage of Wc3:WoW. But it's also a warning to all whom may dare to steal it or something. Although you'll need to be beyond stupid to steal Wc3:WoW from it's original team and say you made it with your own team since we've got years of proof that we've been making it ourselves lol

Tomorrow I leave very early and may not be able to answer questions for a while, but do feel free to ask anything you'd like and if you have a bug to report, please, do not hesitate to report it to our email at: [email protected], I will check the email atleast twice during my vacation.
~Craka_J

Level 5
Here's the long story:
Olofmoleman made a Dino model. I'm not sure which one it was, but it was probably the Velociraptor.
SinisterX took that model and turned it into the Hawkstrider.
I took the Hawkstrider and turned it into the Plainstrider.
Anyways, thanks to Olofmoleman and SinisterX!

Now that I'm done with that I can start working on triggers again! :thumbs_up:
I'll submit it to resource section later.

DarkKnight said:
Hmm. could indeed be very usefull... shoot the rider off, reskinning isn't necesary becouse it's just a temporary replacement... Good job Saitek ^^.
Oh, but I think reskinning is neccesary :cool:
Just take a look :wink:

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Glamour shot2.jpg
    Glamour shot2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Strider shot2.jpg
    Strider shot2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Strider shot1.jpg
    Strider shot1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Strider shot3.jpg
    Strider shot3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 191
Level 5
Yes, I admit it the texture isn't very good.
I was just treating it as I side project that I wanted to get done before I started triggering, so it kind of got rushed. I might feel like finishing it later but for now HT, feel free to finish it.

Craka_J, I don't think someone who removed a few Geosets and moved around 20 polys on a model should really be credited for modeling.
I didn't add anything to that model I just worked with the existing polys.
So could you please change my status on the website from "Modeling Units" to either "Remodeling" or "Reskinning"?

HT you could also add the hair hanging down from the head if you wanted to.

Goin' try to finish some major bugs and adding system this week.

Later,
-Saitek

Status
Not open for further replies.