• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Exactly. We're just making World of Warcraft. We'll decide AFTER it is made whether we make an expansion to it (The Burning Crusade) and probably will... but not yet, too early to introduce expansion races and places. We might have professions from Burning Crusade though :)

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
But it is alrdy told in the thread "Map demo", not that i rly care cause i have alot of time but it will probably be annoying for ppl visiting these forums to read the same thing 5 times in 5 different threads :).

Level 25
Orgrimmar is by me. Only thing I've terrained so far really... I'll fix up all areas including Valley of Trials once Orgrimmar is done.
So far, the areas in Orgrimmar that are done are: Valley of Strength, The Drag, Valley of Wisdom. The Cleft of Shadows and the Valley of Honor are almost done. Then I must start and finish Valley of Spirits. This is all in one map (Orgrimmar). I'll post some screenies today.

Level 25
Well there's really not much to take screenshots of IN game... so I only took a screenshot of what The Drag, Orgrimmar, looks like. Hope you like it. :)

Attachments

• Orgrimmar-TheDrag.JPG
    Orgrimmar-TheDrag.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 121
Level 8
Wow

Holy fuck keep up the good work that looks so god damn close to WoW keep it up im gona be expecting this i just hope i can wait that long gj guys

And another thing is i would love to see starting area for dwarves/gnomes and IF alliance for life =) dwarf hunter

Level 25
Dwarves, Gnomes, Drenaei do not have starting zones yet. Neither do Humans. So for now they will all start in Night Elf area (except Drenaei since that's expansion and we cant find a modeller to make other classes than Drenaei Paladin so...)
I will probably start making Stormwind and Elwyn Forest now though, since Elwyn and Mulgore are my favorite noob zones :D
[edit]
I'll try to get a screenshot or two of Thunder Bluff; the place is so damn high like in WoW, it's intimidating... fun to imagine what it'd be like to hop off the tallest part of TB ^^

Level 8
I have jumped off thunder bluff its fun i died but it was fun and ill be waiting to see whats comming up keep it up craka its gona be a really good map on bnet =)

Level 25
This will not be playable on "BattleNet", it'll be playable only on special servers, which are set up with WarSoc. Wc3:WoW will most likely be hosted on a dedicated server.
Will players that lag make everyone else pause too? Probably. More information will be available later.

Level 25
There is no jumping or falling system. But now that you've mentioned Slow Fall (completely forgot about that spell) we might add something like that. I made it impossible to jump off of Thunder Bluff since thats a really dumb thing to do.
The Drag will have the purple fog and probably a purple sky when you enter The Drag in Orgrimmar. So the screenshot I took is a version without purple fog and that "The Drag" feel.

Level 25
Also, Wc3 has a sort of physical system in it already that makes units tilt on hills or cliffs. And since the plateau walls are 90 degrees, while jumping off it'd look like you were falling face first into the ground. If you even survive a fall from such a height, then that is retarded. Is it not?

Level 25
I mean it's the same as it is in WC3, like a Gyrocopter going over cliffs. He flys higher when up hills, lower when down hills. And when he does this, the whole Gyrocopter tilts upward/downward with the hill depending in which direction he is facing. We did not put it in. Blizzard already had this in.

Level 25
Thanks. And by the way, I am not terraining the campaign until Storm_Surge finishes all of the quests.
Storm_Surge is doing quests now, while Sgt.Johnson and Shados are making spells for Priest, Rogue, and Warlock classes.
There are also alot of new models imported as well!

Level 25
Nope. Still too hard to say. I still need to terrain alot more places by myself and the triggerers need to put triggers into each map to make them work... it's a long difficult process. Also need to throw in more new gameplay things such as bug fixes, abilities, mail-box system, and other systems.
So no release date. Just predictions of what I think will be the latest date. I say 6 months. :\

Exactly. Plus, when we do think that we are finished, before we release it we need to make sure it's ready and need to give it to the Beta Testers first. Doesn't take long for them to report whether it's good or buggy, but it can take up three days of testing. Also, if they do find bugs, we fix them. Then give it back. etc. etc.

Level 25
Start Map Screenshots

Got bored today and felt like making the Start map look more WoWish, realistic, and enhance the terrain alot more.
Redid all race selections except Dwarves, Gnomes, and Undead. I'll do Undead later.
Hope you enjoy!
PS: The clouds in the sky move, making it look more realistic.
-Craka_J

The other race selections are being made now :D

Attachments

• Taurenselection.JPG
    Taurenselection.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Humanselection.JPG
    Humanselection.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.