• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Shooting / FPS] Schizophrenia (demo trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been making a car destroying arena game, there are 4 characters you can choose..
1.Jesus Christ in a police car
2.a bum in trash truck
3.dude with big red car
4.a pig headed man named "Piggy" who throws dead fetuses around (he's kinda main character)

so.. in game you can run over civilians which include dogs, little babies, women and men.. they all walk in street and you can just kill them all.. also you can destroy neutral cars that are driving in streets..

the problem is, only 1/4 of game is done and I can't go on because I don't have Piggy's model and no one made it when I requested and also I can't correct some cameras on bridges and high places..

anyway.. here's the trailer of demo game, only game with Jesus is recorded since I've only finished that character fully..

what do you think?

Last edited:
the problem is, only 1/4 of game is done and I can't go on because I don't have Piggy's model and no one made it when I requested
Just use an abomination model as a placeholder.
Models are nothing but aesthetics, if 3/4 of your game doesn't exist because of lacking a specific model then something is horribly wrong with the map project.

and also I can't correct some cameras on bridges and high places..
Just use a GetLocationZ() function to get the terrain height at the unit's location
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of Unit)
    • Custom script: set udg_Height = GetLocationZ(udg_Point)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to (WhateverDefaultHeight + Height) over 0.20 seconds
what do you think?
Reminds me of carmageddon in a way.
The concept has potential.

Level 5
Just use an abomination model as a placeholder.
Models are nothing but aesthetics, if 3/4 of your game doesn't exist because of lacking a specific model then something is horribly wrong with the map project.

nah, I meant that I stopped making a map because of lacking some models.. otherwise the 2 from 4 in game would be all buildings to be destructible.. but since those buildings don't have death animations I'm screwed.. :pir:

just wanted to show you guys what I've done so far.. it's far from finished (if I will be able to finish it)

Level 5
Looks like fun, seems a bit buggy, but fun
I can't even see Jesus...

you can see him in loading screen :goblin_good_job:

fc10b5971ca8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.