• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stalkers of the Desolate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

Story so Far

Day 23
The infection is still spreading, the whole world has been gripped by it, only some nations have managed to fortify cities, but not many. Europe has been wiped out, Asia for sure. Moscow is sealed off from the world but we don't know what is really going on inside. As for us, Fort Caliber is were we have to go. All civilians and survivors are heading there. they are evacuating the entire state to some distant uninhabited islands. But we don't have much time, at most 4 days. If we don't make it by then...all is lost.

Objective

Reach Fort Caliber, a heavily fortified Civilian center in the middle of a large infested City. Get there in 4 game days or you lose (Day time in real seconds has not been decided yet).

There will be side missions you can accomplish to get extra gear, stats etc. If you think you can get to the city without finishing side missions you are dead because this game is extremely harsh.

Map developement is at about 30% but thats a rough estimate.

There will be 6 players (not final) and Still deciding on the camera view. So far camera is locked on player from a bird's eye view but later might be in a third person view and if possible (not likely because night will be almost pitch black) first person.

Credit will be given to everyone, I used several models such as cars, apartments and of course the fantastic Rifleman elite model by TurieL. I will mention all those who created the models in the opening credits and quest log. If for some reason you don't want your model in the map please contact me.

Models I used:
-RiflemanElite
Created by TurieL
-Ford Falcon
Created by skrab
-Police car
Created by skrab
-R32 Nissan Skyline GTR (R32)
Created by Draelren
-M2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle (M2Bradley)
Created by Illidan(Evil)X
-Street Light Variation 1 (StreetLight)
Created by Illidan(Evil)X
- Buildings and Warehouse
Created by Kofi_Banan

EDIT: No one seems to be looking at this thread but I will still be updating >_> lol. Anyway some new additions. The witch is almost done, just need to add the crying. Also a new addition, Some Cars when shot at will now release an alarm sound that would attract zombies nearby to the CAR itself and NOT to YOU. This would be good if you are surrounded and you found yourself conveniently near a car, you simply fire at the car and the zombies would run towards it. A Short Witch and Boomer Video have been uploaded.

Some screenshots so far -NOTE: I made the screens brighter to make it easier to see. In-game will be slightly darker especially during the night.

Attachments

• sotd3.jpg
    sotd3.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 135
  • sotd4.jpg
    sotd4.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 90
  • screens 1.jpg
    screens 1.jpg
    840.4 KB · Views: 87
  • screens2.jpg
    screens2.jpg
    954.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Level 2
Im currently trying to give one of the zombies a hook ability, but I need help on having the AI actually using the hook ability. Any help would be much appreciated.

I decided on having zombies similar to ones in the left 4 dead. The smoker is a hard one and he will have the hook ability. Witch is done (even added in the crying and the music) same for the boomer, his ability to attract nearby zombies is also finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.