• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wrath and Desolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey there warcraft players and map makers!
I have started working on an AoS type of map called "Wrath and Desolation" (duh!). Anyway, it is set in the Black Citadel tileset and it's a bettle between Illidan's and Maiev's forces. The map will include some original warcraft heroes (Kael, Vash, Akama...) who will have new, improved skillsets. The terrain is almost done, but it is a lot simular to ToB terrain, I just find it perfect.
Anyway, before I continue down the path, just wanted to hear some of yours opinions, so post in!

Some screenies will come soon.

Level 7
Okay so what I want to see is: Screen shots -- 1 screen shot is as good as 100 words :). Also please don't make this like DotA or just another repetetive AoS, add a twist to it to make it original -- otherwise the only way this will get played will be by making all your abilties super cool and having its super balanced. Also try and keep they heroes to theme -- kael and lady vash should be on the same side, aswell as akama should always have invis -- no need for an ability to do so -- exept make him weak and make it take a long time after attacking for him to fade into invis.

Anyway GL!

Level 8
So terrain is pretty much finished, might be changed a bit, but nothing major. Here's an eagles eye view.

A I've finished unit spawning, bases, assistance system, multiboard and am working on heroes now. Three of them are coded and ready to use (Maiev, Illidan and Lady Vashj). Now I'm coding Kael, then Akama, and at the same time thinking of new hero conceots. I'll need 12 heroes for version 1 cause this map is 6vs6 playable.
Suggestions?

Attachments

• W&D_Terrain.JPG
    W&D_Terrain.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.