• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scene WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for a project in school we have to make a scene according to this picture.
attachment.php

Early preview of the scene.
attachment.php

The level of detail won't be as high as in the original picture, the primary focus will be on getting geometry right and making it appear cleaner than in the original.

Attachments

• WIP1House.jpg
    WIP1House.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 285019412_xy7ta-XL.jpg
    285019412_xy7ta-XL.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 387
Level 24
It looks like a good beginning, and I think you have succeeded well on the part where you wanted to make it cleaner. You have copied the details well in the eastern-most window, and that looks good. My suggestions'd be to keep it up, as it looks as though it is coming along rather well. The stair might be too thin, and that is my only critic for now. Good work so long!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I hadn't payed much attention to the roof so far, thanks for pointing it out, I'll roughen it up a bit.

TDR: I know there is a few problems with the ruined part next to the stairs, it became like that from the results of a somewhat freak-accident. I've tried to fix it but I'd need to entirely redo the area to correct the flaws, which currently is at the bottom of my to-do-list. Also it should cause no problems once textured, or so the teacher answered me when I brought my concerns about this to his attention. But I'm probably still going to fix it, at some point.

A new shot will be up next week once I return to the mainland.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
by the way, I made this brick wall texture a while ago, maybe it'll be of some use. You can always make it tile more horizontally than vertically to make the bricks flatter. It's 100% tileable, seamless and I also made normal and specular maps for it, I'll give it to you if you'll decide to use it.
If you have to do everything yourself, no problem then.

Attachments

• diffuse.jpg
    diffuse.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 130
@TDR - Proportion/placement wise of various walls' lenght/height is not that big a problem, I could in a few minutes move and extent the various objects. I'll do it right now so it isn't an issue in the further versions.

Regarding the texture, thanks, but I am not sure if it is needed, yet. We're supposed to texture the scene next week and I am unsure if we are going to do it all from scratch or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.