• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scale down a Model problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. I have a particular problem. I think i know how to scale down a model.

I do this:

first go to model editor and low x5 X Y and Z mass center.

Then i go to all the units nodes and lower them also.

Everthing works then in game but for some reason the missile impacts on the units are really really big. I mean doesnt mutter the missile type the explosion impact is 5 times the model.

I am using 0.1 art value in the editor + 0.2/0.2/0.2 of original X,Y,Z (yes i need really small models)

Any suggestion?

The models are spaceships from Fingolfin and they are all approved.

For example this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/droid-gunship-263813/?prev=u=Fingolfin

Level 3
I think you need to use custom explosion effect models to make them look smaller. I don't think they scale with the size of the unit they're used on.

Btw what exactly are you using as explosions of the missiles?

Level 6
I think you need to use custom explosion effect models to make them look smaller. I don't think they scale with the size of the unit they're used on.

Btw what exactly are you using as explosions of the missiles?

Um i dont know. I just tried several missiles and they work good expect for they explosion part. Even arrows leave this explosion... xD is kind of absurd.

Level 3
So youre using autoattack projectile models for the missiles/arrows and on hit they all trigger an explosion effect?

My guess is that either the spaceship model of Fingolfin has a 'Stand Hit' animation that shows an explosion you didnt scale down or you have some sort of trigger in effect that creates a special effect (explosion) on unit X once unit X is being attacked.

If the arrow/missile youre talking about isnt an autoattack but an ability that you use, the above doesn't apply and you gotta give some more information on the whole issue.

Level 6
So youre using autoattack projectile models for the missiles/arrows and on hit they all trigger an explosion effect?

My guess is that either the spaceship model of Fingolfin has a 'Stand Hit' animation that shows an explosion you didnt scale down or you have some sort of trigger in effect that creates a special effect (explosion) on unit X once unit X is being attacked.

If the arrow/missile youre talking about isnt an autoattack but an ability that you use, the above doesn't apply and you gotta give some more information on the whole issue.

Okey i will try :)

1- No. The model (atleast that i see doesnt have stand hit or any hit animations) Has walk, attack 1,2 death ect and they all work good.

2- I am using an arrow (and others) with Fenix ability (the one that fire attacks when moving).

3- The explosion is created when the missile ( i tried delfault wc3 diferent ones ) hits the ship-model . Death animation working good with the scale. Is the impact effect explosion i dont know what to call it. Its always the same fire explosion thats always the same scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.