• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning an effect upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want to make the

Doodads\Cinematic\CavernDust\CavernDust.mdl

spell effect turn upside down for my sandstorm spell. I have no real modeling experience except for adding attachment points, death sounds, and that sort of thing.

I opened the file in War3 Model Editor v1.07. The model is actually a handful of boulders, but the "stand" animation is dust coming down from above (like the closing of a cave). I selected all the vertices and rotated it 180 degrees along the Y-axis. The rocks rotated, but when I played the animation the dust still fell down, not up. I tried x and z axis as well; but neither worked.

I don't really know what I'm doing, but is there an easy way to make the dust fall upwards using War3 Model Editor?

Thank you.

Level 14
First of all create a new bone. Then make this bone main, attach every fuckin bone and emiter to it. Then Rotate it.

By the way i think that it's codeable with triggers 'n shit..

Edit: Well, if you need only dust and no bolders, try editing gravity thing..

I'm sorry, I'm very new to modelling. What is the "gravity thing?" and what do I do with it?

Level 14
Thanks so much! It's pretty cool looking. I also learned how to change the color of the particles so I can make snowy mist come up off the ground.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I didn't know particles were so easy to use.

+rep to all

Status
Not open for further replies.