• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Sc2 models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I don think such a thing can be stated atm, as the campaign models arnt in the GE (last i checked) and there will be expansion/campaign packs (based on the races) coming out after one another :/...

BUT .. Tauren marine and afew (rejected sc2 units) that have models but were not used will be in last I read :)

I have a question about these campaign packs, arent they like "plug-ins" that you have to buy separetly? In that case, what happens if I have models that are exclusive to a certain campaign pack in my map and someone who dosnt have the pack tries to play my map?

Level 45
I have a question about these campaign packs, arent they like "plug-ins" that you have to buy separetly? In that case, what happens if I have models that are exclusive to a certain campaign pack in my map and someone who dosnt have the pack tries to play my map?
Not quite sure to be honest...

But yes, the Protoss and Zerg (from what iv read) will be seperate campaigns. The "Wings of liberty" only contains the terran campaign..

WOL MAY ..contain Pro/Zerg camp models..but i kinda doubt it, unless the pro/zerg camp models are used in WOL (Terran camp)
Hmmm..

BUTTT...there are "critters" in GE. One that has recently popped up is the red/lava crab. And I have seen a small dinosaur one in a video of a campaign.

Level 11
There are "dependencies" which you can set when creating a map.

So basically, if you wanted to use a unit/function/feature/tileset from an expansion pack, people would need to have the expansion pack to play it.

Also, the campaign will likely include some Zerg/Toss unique units, but I'm guessing it will be primarily terran.

Status
Not open for further replies.