• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saying well played when it's obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I saw this thread on bnet, so I brought it here as well.

I don't say any emotes when it's obvious I win (I win this turn or something like that), because it's just faggotish.

Some have emoted "thank you" at me, it's a whole new level...

One of arguments from a guy from bnet was "it's traditional to say well played at the end of a game, if you can't handle it don't play", well I still wouldn't do any emotes at the end, I know it hurts when done to me, why would I do it to others lol.

Yeah, it has always been a weird issue. In a similar fashion, GG can be taken just as offensively, but everyone does it after a game/duel/whatever.

I don't take emotes that seriously in hearthstone though. If they are clearly dominating or I really sucked during it, then I might take it offensively, but otherwise I just take it as their own self-congratulation that they won (when you're winning, your "well played" is actually just a message to yourself).

Tbh, I do it to. But I'll usually do it after the game is already over, regardless of whether I win or lose. I just think of it as a formality, I didn't put too much thought into it being offensive. :p

Level 17
Dunno I don't find it particularly insulting, on the contrary I find emotes adding a vague level of sportsmanship and alleviating some of the disappointment after a loss.
Though yeah, WPing after a match where you did not really display a good play and the opponent simply lost to shit draws is somewhat douchebagery.

I do WP, either usually during mid game or before I concede, rarely even before my winning turn when it obviously was a tight match in hopes the opponent will take it as an acknowledgement of his play not as an insult.

Level 33
Hell yeah when I'm losing (mostly having bad draws), I would pretend to continue on playing and at the right moment I press concede so he kinda don't have time to use that emote, works everytime haha.

But if the match is damn good, like the other day I fought against Warrior whose HP remaining was 1, and mine was 2, he used Arcanite Reaper to finish me off, instead I WP him, he just replied Thank you and that was a great sportsmanship I saw that day.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I actually use the well played when my enemy plays his cards well. I almost never use well played at the end of a game unless it was a intense one.

That's a good way to utilize it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.