• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving before testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
HI guys i want to ask why is it that everytime i need to test the game it makes me save it first? i mean literally if i do the test map it saves the game and it will not load but if i save first and then i test it load what is wrong with my map?

Level 30
HI guys i want to ask why is it that everytime i need to test the game it makes me save it first? i mean literally if i do the test map it saves the game and it will not load but if i save first and then i test it load what is wrong with my map?

It is completely random. Because mine is like that too but my dad's can test even without saving..... so it is REALLY completely random. Some Wc3 is like that.

Level 23
if you are using JNGP and have some syntax error in your custom script/Jass code or you are using vJass code, it will require saving

Sometimes it bugs and when you hit test it will save it as/parse the code for you and so you can test it

That is, because JNGP disables the default compiler and runs JassHelper and pJass on the code, if you dont run it you will have map with .j which contains unreadable code for the Warcraft 3(vJass is converted to Jass when map is saved if you didnt know)

As long as you dont have any syntax errors and/or vJass in your map(you are doing terraining for instance), you should be fine and it should run normally

Status
Not open for further replies.