• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weird Trigger Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
:vw_death:
Hey Hive, I was working on getting a new save / load function for my RPG. Was using this, which worked fine at the beginning, till I decided I wanted the saves to contain items and gold along with the heroes level...

So I came up with this. Which worked great when I tried out the test map, so I moved over the code to my map then saved it with some changes... (Removed the stuff about peasants, changed the heroes and items etc etc..) Saving it resolved with a single error, a generic line or something wrong on a line I can't remember on the system trigger (one I didn't modify at all..) Before, I had tried saving the other test map to see if it would work and there were no errors.. So I was confused. I tried saving the test map again, and I got the same error I did on the RPG, the error didn't make the map unplayable but was a bit odd.

Two or three hours later I save my map again after working on it abit, and I see a new error.. Or around 2000.. Every line of every trigger in the save / load function triggers were incorrect and were turned off. I was confused, and tried saving the test map (which I hadn't altered or even touched) and it came up with the same error. I switched over to the regular WE and the same errors happened. (I was using JassNewgenpack to edit the RPG)

Any ideas on what I did wrong? Or is this just a currently unreliable system and I need something more recent? If the latter, can you link one that will save items, experience, level and money.

Will give Rep to whoever answers..

Last edited:
Level 2
I.. Don't think so, and I that still wouldn't solve it since the map I didn't change ata ll had the same error.

Check the lines of where the errors occurred maybe you spelled the variable names wrong? did you remember to ad (udg_NameOfVariable). I'm not sure, but I think the triggering variables didn't connect as locals or whatever? Maybe you should check through the triggering and try to see whats wrong, try to get help from a more experiences jazzer or you can just w8 for someone else to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.