• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save/Loading the game breaks triggers related to specific units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I discovered this bug pretty late into making my map, since it doesn't appear always, only sometimes, but it's pretty much game-breaking. Basically, triggers that use "specific unit" event (like the one on the screenshot) or triggers that use exact unit comparison in conditions (the one that's also related to a specific unit) will sometimes stop working after the game had been saved and then loaded again. I found a way around this by replacing some of these triggers with the ones that use generic unit event and "unit-type comparison" instead, but doing that in every case would be very complicated. Not sure what exactly causes this but I was hoping that there'd be a better solution.

Screenshot_2.png

Level 21
there are some solutions here:

Status
Not open for further replies.