• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] send clicked units to specific regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goal is when player 1 unit(any of my units!) click on a player 2 unit(specific unit) to move that unit instantly on a specific region. Every unit has its region. in other words if any of my units(6 types) select specific enemy unit, to move them instantly to their region, but no all, a specific :D

Here's what i did:
first I put to all enemy unit triggers that are to be moved instantly:
event
unit - a unit is issued an order targeting an object
condition
unit-type of triggering unit equal to peasant(my unit, or units?)
action
unit - move <unit>(enemy) instantly to center of <region>.

But one click made all peasants move to their region, even if the triggers are separated :D

then i tried this:
unit - a unit is issued an order targeting an object
condition
I specified all units that target the enemy unit with or, or... and after them i specify the enemy unit with <and targeted unit equal to..> but this doesn't work...

any suggestion from you? I hope u understood my goal :D My head is about to explode :D

Last edited:
Level 12
post the trigger you made.

by clicking, you mean selecting a unit or ordering it to move somewhere or attacking something or what?
don't really got the point.. if u order the unit to move somewhere, what's the point of sending it elsewhere?
You could be more clearer.

Level 12
  • Events
    • Unit - Unit is issued an order targeting an object
  • Conditions
    • Type of (Triggering Unit) equal to peasant
    • (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Target of issued order))
  • Actions
    • Unit - Move (Target of issued order) instantly to Point
is this what you want? this should't move every peasant only the ordered one

post your trigger...

mate, that is the exact trigger that does not help me. Look I USE DIFFERENT TRIGGERS FOR EVERY UNIT.

when i use that trigger and CLICK on a unit ALL UNITS GO TO THEIR REGION. I don't want all to go on their regions but only the clicked? U got the problem? the white click on the black and move them. the black is moved not the white
Actually ONE of the maps that i develop is chess and here u are. hope u understand
http://www.picbg.net/pic.php?u=26510MJeRZ&i=734453&file=.jpg
pic.php

ok, look..

these are two triggers for the first two pawns of black
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit is issued targeting an object
  • Conditions
  • (triggering unit) equal to pawn 0028 <gen>
  • Actions
  • Unit - Move Pawn 0021 <gen> instantly to center of REGION1B <gen>, facing 360 degrees
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit is issued targeting an object
  • Conditions
  • (triggering unit) equal to pawn 0028 <gen>
  • Actions
  • Unit - Move Pawn 0037 <gen> instantly to center of REGION2B <gen>, facing 360 degrees
this is example - the triggering unit is the first pawn of white. when i click on one of the two black paws they both go to their regions, ok? only one must go to his region, the clicked.

Last edited:
Level 12
Both pawns are moved couse both trigger fits to the condition

Make it like..
  • Events
    • Unit - Unit issued an order targeting an object
  • Conditions
    • trig unit equalls to pawn0028 (this should be a type check I think)
  • Actions
    • Unit - move (target of issued order) (the clicked unit)to Point
No other trigger is needed
I posted nearly the same.. Don't tell me it doesn't helps because this will do exactly what u want

Status
Not open for further replies.