• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save/load question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So it seems I've messed up my opportunity to properly save and load, but I wanted to see if someone could confirm. In a multiplayer game, I've saved/loaded using the regular function in the game (not the -save and -load from the chat menu). Now when I load a game it says "game load detected - save feature deactivated".

Is there anyway to go back, or am I just out of luck? Only reason I really need to this now, is because I'm running version 1.2 A(8) and I'm running up against the healing salve bug in the squire quest. I'd like to load my character in the previous version as someone suggested on another thread, but I'm faced with this -save option deactivated.

Thanks for any and all help. The game is great BTW! :)

Level 7
You'll need to make your own private game on Bnet or using the LAN function. If you're playing in purely single player offline mode, the save feature is disabled to prevent the use of cheat codes.

Level 2
Thanks for the reply. I tried creating a LAN game and Bnet game with the saved game, with only me in it, but it still up and says "saving is deactivated". I have suspicion I'm screwed here...

Level 9
On a multiplayer game on the wc3 engine you cant use the save/load from the f10 screen you need to save your character with -save and then copy the code it puts into your gaias retaliation folder which is in your wc3 folder which could be in your c: drive

Level 7
Oh. I understand the issue now. Yeah you can't use the savegame feature from the menu. This is to prevent people from again using offline single player, use cheat codes, save the game, and then load it on Bnet like you tried.

On top of this, at one point there was an item dupe glitched that involved saving the game at certain times.

So if you're looking to play, even single player, just create the map on Bnet and start playing it. Then when you need to save, you'll need to use the -save command. If you're having trouble with the squire quest, then you should download 1.2A(7) and do the quest in that version of the map. The codes from A(8) will load in (7) and vice versa, just don't use the actual save button from the menu!

Level 2
Well, I'll either have to convince everyone to start over and do the saves correctly, or see if I can take advantage of the glitch in the arena where you team mates can attack through the gate.

I wonder if it's possible to beat the squire quest without use of the healing salve? I'm thinking I'll just have to stay level 25 for a bit and hopefully my teammates can level up enough to handle the guy for me.

Level 1
Actually you need to use the salve provided to you to complete the squire quest. It's been over a year since i last did that quest, but for the melee Orc in the first part of the arena you need to hit him as much as you can and run and use the salve when he starts channeling his stun. Keep doing this and you'll kill him in no time. For the Mage i think he has 3 spells, shadow bolt, fire nova i think, and I forgot what the last spell was called. You need to stun him when he's casting that third spell, ignore shadow bolt, and run behind the nearest column there and use the salve then wait out until he's done casting the fire nova and go back to attacking him. You need to repeat this process every time he casts those 2 spells. Also your gear needs to be somewhat decent, otherwise its gonna be pretty hard to complete

Level 4
Actually you need to use the salve provided to you to complete the squire quest. It's been over a year since i last did that quest, but for the melee Orc in the first part of the arena you need to hit him as much as you can and run and use the salve when he starts channeling his stun. Keep doing this and you'll kill him in no time. For the Mage i think he has 3 spells, shadow bolt, fire nova i think, and I forgot what the last spell was called. You need to stun him when he's casting that third spell, ignore shadow bolt, and run behind the nearest column there and use the salve then wait out until he's done casting the fire nova and go back to attacking him. You need to repeat this process every time he casts those 2 spells. Also your gear needs to be somewhat decent, otherwise its gonna be pretty hard to complete

....the point is, in the latest version salve is bugged, cant be picked up.

Level 1
Ooh ok, my bad. It's just that a lot of newcomers don't know how to do that quest, so i thought that was the case here. So yeah like people already suggested you should just do it in the previous version and then continue on in the latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.