• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Save/Load in 2 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible to have 2 of the same save/load codes work in 2 different games. Example, you save in Game1, you can also load in Game1, but then you can also load in Game2 and save in Game2, and when you save your also able to load in Game1. I'm just wondering if this is possible and how thanks:)

Level 19
l0git3c is right. It should be possible. You just have to do some triggering. If you are using the compaign editor to stash all your map data then it'll be easier but if you want it to be multiplayer compatable then you'll just have to make the fundamental structure be the same in both maps.

Level 4
haha sorry if said 2 of the same maps Airandius, I ment 2 different maps. So then the code would work for both maps if they use the EXACT same triggering save/load code? right?

Level 17
map2 must have all custom units, items, etc that containing in map1 too i think

Nope, I already explained it. :p

1) The save/load trigger needs to be the same (in means of coding) and needs to store the same values.
(Example: They both store xp (of heroes), gold, lumber and some other integers that are the same in both maps.)

2) Only the things that it will save need to be in both maps.
For example if you are putting a heroes xp into a integer, and when a player loads it will only apply the xp to the hero. This way you don't need the same heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.