• 💀 Happy Halloween! 💀 It's time to vote for the best terrain! Check out the entries to Hive's HD Terrain Contest #2 - Vampire Folklore.❗️Poll closes on November 14, 2023. 🔗Click here to cast your vote!
  • 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 HD Level Design Contest #1 is OPEN! Contestants must create a maze with at least one entry point, and at least one exit point. The map should be made in HD mode, and should not be openable in SD. Only custom models from Hive's HD model and texture sections are allowed. The only exceptions are DNC models and omnilights. This is mainly a visual and design oriented contest, not technical. The UI and video walkthrough rules are there to give everyone an equal shot at victory by standardizing how viewers see the terrain. 🔗Click here to enter!

Save / Load Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi , help me with my curiousity please =)

Example , there are 2 maps , Map A and Map B.If i put the save / load trigger into both Map A and Map B and if i save a hero / unit in Map A , is it possible that we are able to load the saved hero / unit from Map A in Map B

Well due to the maximum size of EPIC ( which i think is still small ) i wish to create 2 maps and allowing players to load and save their heroes / units so that it is like an extended world.Kinda useful for RPGs =)

Level 19
Depends on which system you use
Well it should work correctly if your heroes-items-abilities have same rawcodes in both maps

Well NewGen allows you to make maps 480x480
Or you can make your units-items smaller so your map will look bigger

Level 29
Since save/load codes use item rawcodes (I think... im sure... I am right... :huh: lol), you'll need every raw code in your maps to be similiar.

If you don't know what rawcodes are, press Ctrl+D in the object manager, all the names will be converted into rawcodes.

So, if for example you make a custom footman as your first custom unit, his rawcode will be h000, you will need him to have the h000 also in the second map.
This goes for any unit/item/ability/{everythingInTheObjectManager}.

Status
Not open for further replies.