• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save/Load Char Trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, guys i have searched this site for around 2 hours last night and didnt find quite what i was looking for... Please do not tell me to search the site.
Now that that is out of the way. I need a trigger that will allow the person to save there there hero, his stats, his items, lumber, skills, and gold. Also i would like it to require the same battle.net username to reenter the code. I would like the trigger to display a 1-100 digit code (the size doesnt really matter to me) when a player types -save. I would like the load trigger to only work in a certain region. The load trigger should be activated by a player typing -load then the code, in said region. I am planning to put this code on multiple maps. I should be able to save a character from map 1, then host map 2 and load said char that i used from map 1. Also the 1-100 is just saying it doesnt matter to me... i realize it wont be more than 32 -50 letters long.

Last edited:
Level 4
just find an already made save/load system, and edit it, search save/load in systems and youll find one that in the comments section tells you how to make it save gold/lumber. having it only work in one region is something you need to add which is simple. also, i find it easier not to worry about save/load systems until youre about finished with your map..are you? ..and 1-100 digit code? no ones going to want to play a game where you have to type in 100 letters just to laod your guy, i dont even think you can type 100 characters in the bnet chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.