• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save Load System for ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is anyone here who can help me with a save load system for my map ?

i already have a system (i used igen) and it works for player 1 (red) but there are many problems.

for example:
1. if player 1 (red) save his hero, all other players can see the code
2. player 2 (blue) can save his hero too, same problem like point 1
3. player 2 (blue) can use -load but his hero dont load

if you help me with this trigger for player 1 and player 2 im sure i can create the triggers for player 3 - 8 alone (i dont want to take to much of your time)

i hope any1 can help me

lg Ruben

Attachments

• oh oh ha.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 31
It is about the best I know of currently. I also think the maker of it is willing to provide some help with its use (implimentation). It also has great compression rates (produces compact codes for the data stored).

I'm getting flooded with questions on how to install it and how to build an Encoder object, so don't think I'd be willing to help, no ;P.

A lot of people also seem to think that the demo map is the system... >.<. The system is the code on the thread, the demo map is just an implementation of the system ;D.

I sent you a pm with a list of required and recommended systems as well as the links (the recommended systems aren't linked to in the system). The list includes descriptions and general script installation instructions. It also notes that Lua requires special handling (if you want UnitStatePercent).

I fail at writing good tuts and am trying to get Purge to write one for it. Building Encoders and Catalogs is an art (if you look in the demo map, you see that).

Status
Not open for further replies.