• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satyrs Role in Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im Just Curious, does anyone know the actual Role that Satyrs play in Wacraft ? They're seen doing many things, i was just wondering if they have a specific role. :D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
AVP_predalien said:
Im Just Curious, does anyone know the actual Role that Satyrs play in Wacraft ? They're seen doing many things, i was just wondering if they have a specific role. :D

Skipping the last comment, I think they are corrupted Night Elves, but i'm not sure. It seems they workship the Burning Legion as the orcs of Blackrock do.

-Rui

Level 9
Stayrs cant be corrupted night elfs.. That would mean night elfs would have two offspring races:
Naga
Stayrs

that would be dumb. No, I think stayrs came with the orcs from outland before it exploded. Or prehaps they're just one of the several storyline-less demon offspring races.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Doodi said:
Whaddya mean "skipping the last comment" :roll: ?
R u jealous or somethin :lol: ?

If i'm jealous of something, it's not jealous of you for sure.

Stayrs cant be corrupted night elfs.. That would mean night elfs would have two offspring races:
Naga
Stayrs

that would be dumb. No, I think stayrs came with the orcs from outland before it exploded. Or prehaps they're just one of the several storyline-less demon offspring races.

Satyrs have nothing to do with orcs. The only race that orcs shared the world with was the Draenei.

It's impressive that the Night Elves made new races. High Elves, Naga and Satyrs. Three on one. Better than theramed, lol.

-Rui

Level 5
And not only the orcs and draenei come from draenor. Ever heard of ogres, goblins and draenor giants. Some people even say there were humans habiting in Draenor also :shock: .

Level 9
Night elves are way to popular. All orcs get are the dumb dranei, and elves get... everything else :p.

And what about the humans, they get the undead... And the undead is even split to all three races so its not even their evil counterparts -,-.

Blizzard, make some racial balance >.<.

Level 9
satyrs ARE corrupted NE

anyone that played RoC campaigns will remenber Furion saying this to a pimpy satyr "It's a shame to see how far you have fallen. It's disgusting even to think you were once called night elves"

but all that crap about Lord Xavius, thats new for me

Level 12
Raiju said:
satyrs ARE corrupted NE

anyone that played RoC campaigns will remenber Furion saying this to a pimpy satyr "It's a shame to see how far you have fallen. It's disgusting even to think you were once called night elves"

but all that crap about Lord Xavius, thats new for me

It's explained in the War of the Ancients novels, where the demon invasion begins and the corruption of Neltharion (Deathwing).

Level 9
yeah i knew that all these info must have come from blizz novels (see Rui?)

does anyone knows were i canr ead them in the net?

Level 9
Rui said:
Raiju said:
yeah i knew that all these info must have come from blizz novels (see Rui?)

does anyone knows were i canr ead them in the net?

See rui what? See two slaps in the face?

-Rui

i dont get you, why the sarcasm?

Level 4
Here s what i know

Satyrs are corupted NightElven wizards. For the first time of war of NightElf against Sargeras, satyrs was a real threat, but after that they become weaker without support of Archimonde...

Level 2
this is the true story

Cenarius is a demi-god right....
he has offspring..the
Night ELf
Satyr
and i can't the remember the one... :

the naga is night elf in the past after the explosion of something that's true...

satyr's are mage like...
they are the same offspring of cenarius but somethings happen....

Level 25
Hmmm..., you got it wrong

Cenarius is the child of Elune and Malorne

Cenarius' children are the Keepers of the Grove and the Dryads

Night elves are the result of a tribe of trolls settling at the shores of the Well of Enternity. They then kicked the collective asses of the trolls with magic

Then we have the Well of Enternity saga. It was here when the Satyr were created from the Highbourne Night Elves who wanted to become strong, so they listened to Xavius and stuff. Naga came at the end of this as well

However, Satyr didn't just stop there. You see, they have this habbit of capturing Night Elves and corrupting them into more satyr. They can also reproduce

They're not all just wizards. They can be druids, which is quite astounding

Level 9
i thought satyrs were just evil creeps and yeah i have red the novle in the tutorial book thing

but with the naga they came to be because the highelves made a big explosion with "forbidden" magics with the well of eternity and it destroyed the whole highelf island and some night elves escaped so realy the highelves made the nightelves not the other way around, most of the high elves got destroyed there but a few went with the nightelves to mount hyjal but since illidan put some water from the well of the eternity the highelves came corrupt again sailed to what they hoped was thier island but when they got to were it should be they found this thing wich they called the "maelstrom" and they all sunk to the bottom of the ocean and became naga

Level 25
Ben, I can BARELY tell what you wrote. But I'm thinking you're saying that the High Elves came before the Night Elves? WRONG

Ok, here's what happaned

Firstly: Trolls come to Well of Enternity. They become Night Elves. Kick normal troll asses
Secondly: War of the Ancients. Sargy turns Xavius into a satyr, he finds some more to be satyrs. The Great Sundering happans, Night Elves in their palace turned into Naga
Thirdly: Night Elven survivors sail back to Kalimdor. Illy uses water from the Well on the top of Hyjal. Night Elves pissed off at him. Some Night Elves want to continue studying magic. They are exciled
Forthly: Exciled Night Elves go to Eastern Kingdoms. Land at Tirisfal, go north to Quel'Thalas. Mutate into High Elves

So here's how it goes

.......................Satyr
...................../
Trolls - Night Elves - High Elves
.....................\
.......................Naga

Level 15
Here dorks.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Origin_of_the_races

Damn you guys are stupid.

Trollstammbaum.jpg

Level 25
Yeah, that guy isn't 110% accurate

For instance, we have no proof that the initial troll species, in Northen STV, are dark trolls anyway

Also, he doesn't even have Desert Trolls on there

And the various troll groups (Forest, Jungle, Frost) came into existance WAY before the Night elves. So we don't know WHICH of those groups actually became the elves

But aside from that, he's got it pretty accurate

Level 9
ok i can understand all that but....
in wc2 what kind of elves are the ones you make in the barracks or are they realy just big eared mutants

Level 5
In wc2 u just knew the high elves and forest trolls (which, personally, i consider them as oppossites each other. Just like NE and satyrs).

This is all elven origins:

1.- The world was not divided in 3 parts. One huge continent. In it, there was 2 troll massive empires. Each geographic part had a different races of trolls. Just like humans.

2.- Some trolls explored into the Eternity Well, perhpas had a good drink and turned into night elves.

3.- After the big explosion, the NE divided into 5: some survived and stayed in Kalimdor(ashenvale), some others also survived were exiled to Lordaeron and there they mutated to a more human-like form (the high elves), some others fell into the sinkin lake and turned into the naga and some others were turned into elf-demon hybrids known as satyrs by the Legion. (these 3 lasters were all from the highborne) Dunno anything bout harpies. just that they were Ne also.

4.- In loraderon, the high elves went in war with their forest troll (green) descendants.

5.- In northrend, ice trolls(blue) manage to survive from the undead.

6.- Dark trolls(purple), still reside in kalimdor (ashenvale). Dunno much bout them

7.- Sand trolls(brown, i guess. never seen'em), same as dark ones, reside in kalimdor (barrens). Dunno much bout them either.

8.- jungle(or island. light gray blue) trolls ALSO live in kalimdor. They used to in some islands near the barrens but now in Orgrimmar

9.- dunno anythin bout the dire trolls. Just seen'em today

9.- high elves got mad and turned to blood elves.

I guess that's all for now. at least, the most important

Level 25
Dire Trolls are basically Troll Beserkers from WC2. They're not a seperate species of troll. All troll species can enter this beserker-like state

WC2 has High Elves. I would have thought that them living in Quel'Thalas and being High Elves in WC3 would have been a dead giveaway, but oh well

Dark Trolls live underground and a few live around Mount Hyjal
Forest Trolls live in the Hinterlands, Arathi and Quel'Thalas. Quel'Thalas is forested, the Hinterlands have a few trees spattered around, and one of the saplings of Nordrassil with a useful gateway to the Dream in it, and Arathi is a huge grassland where Stromguarde is located
Jungle Trolls live in Stranglethorn Vale and on islands. The Darkspears live wherever the hell they want
Desert Trolls live in Tanaris. They're tan in colour
Ice/Frost Trolls live in Dun'Morogh and Northrend. Cold enviroments

Not all High Elves became Blood Elves. 95% of the High Elves were wiped out during the Third War, and of the 5% remaining 3% became Blood Elves, leaving only 2% of the original High Elven population still calling themselves High Elves

Level 5
Every troll has a berserker faction, right, but I heard somewhere that the troll berserkers where purposely mutated trolls byt goblin alchemists. How's that, mecheon?

And I thought jungle and island (darkspear) trolls were the same. Since the echo isles are kinda jungle like.

With the rest, mecheon, i cant argue coz i agree.

Level 25
I have NO idea how the other troll tribes got their hands on whatever made the Beserkers the Beserkers, but they somehow did and have been using it like crazy

Yes, the Darkspears are Jungle trolls. However, they don't live in just plain ol' jungles any more. Damn cheapskates

Status
Not open for further replies.