• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft the Movie! =O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Greetings!

I scrolled down on my facebook page and i found an article about the Warcraft movie and i just Needed to read about it!
Tho, they didnt wrote so much about it but i know its gonna be released in Norway on; 11.03.2016
And i cant F***ing wait so long! =D

Altho i wrote who the characters it gonna be and it is;
Paula Patton - Girl - Role; Unknown...
Paul Dano - Man - Role; Unknown...
Collin Farrel - Man - Role; Unknown...
Anson Mount - Man - Role; Unknown...
Travis Fimmel - Man - Role; Unknown...
Anton Yelchin - Man - Role; Unknown...

I will update this ofcourse when i know more about it.

So who's is excited? :goblin_good_job:

Level 25
I'm pretty f'ing excited, yet I'm also worried that it won't live up to my expectations. The movie takes place during the start (and possibly all the way to the end) of the First War. Now, they claim their aim is to follow the lore very tightly, but one of the probs they brought for their presentation at this year's Blizzcon was the Doomhammer, and it had the gosh danged Frostwolf insignia inscribed on it... I mean, come on Legendary pictures and/or Mr. Duncan Jones! At this rate, I'm not sure it's even gonna be worth watching...

@chr: There seem to be a lot of people vouching for it:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1627311-Do-you-think-Warcraft-will-flop-at-the-box-office

So I have high hopes. Live action ports tend to be either very unpopular (if low-budget), terribly awful, or really good. We can only hope that it won't have the same fate of the airbender series:
wiD29Ic.gif

A lot of ppl complained about the frostwolf insignia, but I don't want to judge it based on that. I hope it was just some fluke--or maybe it will be retconned into the story.

Level 25
@chr: There seem to be a lot of people vouching for it:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1627311-Do-you-think-Warcraft-will-flop-at-the-box-office

So I have high hopes. Live action ports tend to be either very unpopular (if low-budget), terribly awful, or really good. We can only hope that it won't have the same fate of the airbender series:
wiD29Ic.gif

A lot of ppl complained about the frostwolf insignia, but I don't want to judge it based on that. I hope it was just some fluke--or maybe it will be retconned into the story.

Well, as I said, I'm still very excited for the movie. I guess I'm just trying to lower my expectations so I won't get disappointed if it turns out bad (or anything less than amazing really). I was already pretty disappointed that I didn't get to see the teaser trailer they had at Blizzcon with my Virtual Ticket.. Anyway, we'll find out when it's released, I suppose.

The thing about the Frostwolf insignia was more of a satirical exaggeration though. That small a detail wouldn't be able to ruin an entire movie for me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.