• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Running Timers While Showing Dialogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, I'm kkots. Can someone please help me?

I want to make players choose some options using dialogs. But there will be 6 players in my map. The problem is that I want to make a time limit for selecting options so as not to let away-from-keyboard players make others wait their return.
So I make a timer for 30 seconds. When the timer expires, options for all players who didn't select their options in time will be selected automatically randomly.

The problem is: when I show a dialog I can't run timers until no dialogs are shown. When I run a timer I can't show any dialogs. It's like a pause? I mean when a dialog shows it pauses the game?
Please give any solution to the problem.

Level 18
nope dialogs don't pause the game, except you test it in singleplayer..
so you've already solved your problem xD got a timer and a dialog, and when the timer runs out remove the dialog or choose one thing randomly via triggers..

So the problem is, you have to test it in network mode or on battle.net, Singleplayer games will pause the game.. for one reason.. There's ONLY YOU that plays.. so if you're away the game pauses and waits for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.