• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ruins Staircase

Extracted from The Frozen Throne - "Night Elf Campaign Screen" model.
Credits: Blizzard Entertainment, A Void, Apathetic.

Update: Added Animations thanks to Apathetic.

Keywords:
Ruins, Ruin, Island, Ruined, Stairs, Stair, Staircase, Ruins Staircase, Night Elf, Night Elves, Tomb, Tombs, Islands, Doodads, Doodad.
Contents

Ruins Staircase (Model)

Reviews
13:37, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: As the model has already been available for years but has never been officially uploaded, I'd see that this model gets some changes before approval. Misha suggested animations. It's a lovely idea and increases the...

M

13:37, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: As the model has already been available for years but has never been officially uploaded, I'd see that this model gets some changes before approval. Misha suggested animations. It's a lovely idea and increases the usefulness of the model. Work on this.

19:12, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: Alright. I'm approving this.

Level 10
Very useful! Not everyone knows how to extract models so I greatly appreciate this!

It's a little lacking, I'll test it tomorow or the day after that and moderate it.
Chances are that I wont give it more than lacking for rating, because of the simple nature of the rip.

It might get approved though.

Rating? Why the hell do moderators need to rate a Blizzard's model? They never did that. Last time I heard Blizzard models had no rating on other models, but you may do. :/

perhaps you need to give the model some new functionality, perhaps birth/death animations of the destructible models? alternate 'destroyed' animations? would make it a lot more useful to the map makers

I don't think so, I want this to remain pure-Blizzard doodad. I also can't animate...

You will have to, that is an order :p more functionality is always good for a model that has already been extracted once.. otherwise this might not be approvable..

and as for animating, just find a bridge destructible or such and use mdlvis to paste/rig the stairs mesh to the bones. then delete the bridge geosets.
retera's 'matrix eater' is also useful in just transferring/combining meshes and textures to models. but works with mdl format.

You will have to, that is an order :p more functionality is always good for a model that has already been extracted once.. otherwise this might not be approvable..

and as for animating, just find a bridge destructible or such and use mdlvis to paste/rig the stairs mesh to the bones. then delete the bridge geosets.
retera's 'matrix eater' is also useful in just transferring/combining meshes and textures to models. but works with mdl format.

I won't animate it- I could also ask in the request forum for somebody to animate it?