• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Hybrid style map custom UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, So I have been developing a map for the last couple weeks and was getting very frustrated with the built-in inventory system and decided to make my own and it kind of evolved into creating a brand new interface.

I havent quite figured out how I want to do the attack/ability section and im adding a shop i built that resets with random items kind of like borderlands does but other than that the layout and visuals are mostly complete.

Attribute System: gives points every time a Hero levels up and you can place them how you wish into your hero's stats.

Skill Tree: Mostly just a filler right now till i add new abilities/skills/passive abilities and such

Screenshot2010-08-19%2021_23_34.jpg

Inventory: Allows for moving items within the inventory(right now its just a basic system trying to figure out a drag and drop system) and trying to decide i fi want to use the built in inventory method of dragging items to equipment/outside of inventory to drop or a "right click menu" or something else entirely.

Equipment: 3 Armor slots(Head/Chest/Legs) 1 Shield, 2 Weapon mods(Damage, Rate of Fire)
Screenshot2010-08-19%2021_23_40.jpg

The bottom bar is my exp bar and at the top is the current enemy targets health and unit icon.

Screenshot2010-08-19%2021_24_00.jpg

Anyone with any suggestions/feedback would be mostly appreciated and/or if you want to join me in my creation :grin:

Level 2
I plan on releasing this as a library when it is completed. and I've never played diablo :D

still looking for some assistance with triggers and ability/item design if anyones interested

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.