• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Move inventory Item - bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I tried to do a custom Inventory based on the default one for my project, but ran into this problem:

My unit has the inventory ability with 2 containers: inventory and equip.
The problem is that you can move items into container 1 (inventory), but can't move items into container 2 (equip) with triggers, while everything works fine with default drag & drop.

So, I created 2 debugging triggers, one for searching all items in the inventory, and one to move one item through both of them.

Searchtrigger.jpg

Screenshot2010-08-0220_21_07.jpg

movetrigger.jpg

Screenshot2010-08-0220_20_33.jpg

Screenshot2010-08-0220_20_38.jpg

As the search before shows, the item can be put into slot 22,23 and 24 of container 2, it normally shouldn't give an error by moving?

Here's a picture of what doesn't work, the right one is the inventory and the left one the equip.
WorksWorksnot.jpg

So, as I can't find anything wrong, I guess it's some strange bug?
Anyone has an Idea how to solve this?

Last edited:
Level 3
Hm I kept having the same problem...

Moving items via triggers in any other containers than the first one seems to be buggy. So I just said the equipment container to be number 1 in the unit's inventory ability.
I know that doesnt solve the problem, but at least it allows you to equip items via triggers, rather that unequipping them....

Level 9
Dude nice gui...

I have a problem where i have a structure with a 6 slot inventory and a unit with a 1 slot.. When i click between them the display gets all messed up, also the structure has unlimited range for item transfer, which kinda destroys the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.