• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Showing the inventory while buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
as far as i remember in tft you always see your inventory while buying. everything else would be idiotic, well in sc2 no inventory is shown.

is there a way to show the current inventory with dialogs? i am using the standard 6 slot inventory of the data editor.

so my question is, is there a way to do this without the need of n (number of items) if then elses?

like if
slot 1 = item 1
then
change text of dialog to picture 1

if
slot 1 = item 2
then ....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, the pictures of items are probably retreviable via catalogs. Thus all you do is itterate through all 6 item slots, and if an item is present you then look up its image path for the item type via catalogs. The catalog lookup will have O(1) complexity and is dynamic (so no hard coded tables).

Catalog natives basically give you direct access to all the data entries you define in the data editor from triggers. They are also highly dynamic meaning you can even make trigger systems autodetect new data types that are created (eg, for a new version). Be aware that although there are natives to change catalog field values, these only work on "upgradable" data fields as they are per player. I hope Blizzard introduces a global catalog field modifier to modify most other catalog enteries.

Level 9
O(1) sounds great but how do i access the img path via catalogs.

let's say unit = item1 ; item = item1item; face(the icon) = item1face; img path = tier1\item1

i can access the icon's img path but how to acess the img path of icon of item of unit?

hope i was able to explain this correctly

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yeh its not straight foward (double depth).
You firstly get the "Face" of the item (The Button the icon is allocated). You then get the texture path the button uses (from the button ofcourse).

Getting the item from the unit is done via the corosponding unit item natives.

Status
Not open for further replies.