• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Help - Entering Area Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, I really haven't see any posts on this topic and I could use some help with it. I want to know how do you make those triggers where in a multiplayer RPG a hero would enter an area, then it would say to only that hero " Now Entering: Such and Such area " Could someone please help me with this.

Level 4
But wouldnt that take a lot more triggers... I mean, wouldnt there have to be a trigger for each player that enters the region, isn't there a better way? And one more question, for areas that are big and oddly shaped so it requires more than one region to trigger the "Now Entering", how do you make it so that it doesnt show "Now Entering such and such" twice when your still in the same region. Excuse me if I didn't word this right.

Level 27
Technically a region is a group of rectangles in JASS, GUI and everything else just uses one rect per region...
There's some JASS way to set a bunch of rects to one region, but IDK it... yet...
And all you have to do is:
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You are now entering (REGION)
Of course you will need one action for each region, but not one for each player.
--donut3.5--

Level 4
There's no simple solution to this, and assuming you can't even solve your first problem, forget about it.
Well slightly ignoring what Low-life said, and his problems with quotes ^^, I didnt ask for a simpler or easier way, just a better one. I was able to solve the problem after working on it a bit more of what PurplePoot said. It's actucally is possible with large and oddly shaped areas. For a regular area ya put:
Event
A unit enters Region001
Condition
Entering unit is a hero equal to True
Action
Display to Player Group(Owner of (Entering Unit)): Now Entering: "Such and Such"

Then, for oddly shaped areas where regions overlap, just put:
Event
A unit enters Region002
Condition
Entering unit is a hero equal to True
Action
(If all Conditions are True) then do(Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Region003 contains (Entering Unit) Equal to True
Then-Actions
Do Nothing
Else-Actions
Display to Player Group(Owner of (Entering Unit)) the text: "Now Entering: Such and Such"

Status
Not open for further replies.