• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making a simple Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm new to World Edit and do not know a clue(cept for some basics like creating units):p

I want to know how to make triggers and events like making a boss appear and then do something, when entering an area door closes behind, all that normal dungeon or RPG stuff is made, a short, sweet, easy-to-understand tutorial would be nice:) thanks for reading this anyways:)

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
I read your Question and i put this together too see if it helps. (Sorry i couldn't make any pictures but ill just tell you in words.)

(When your all done creating and placing the units of your choice)

Events: Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds.

Conditions: None.

Actions:
Unit - Create 1 Infernal for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region <gen>)facing (position of (triggering unit))
Wait 1.50 seconds
Destructible - Close Elven Gate 0000 <gen>
Destructible - Close Elven Gate 0001 <gen>

Events: Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>

Conditions: (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman

Actions:
Unit - Create 1 Infernal for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region <gen>)facing (position of (triggering unit))
Wait 1.50 seconds
Destructible - Close Elven Gate 0000 <gen>
Destructible - Close Elven Gate 0001 <gen>

(These are just some examples of a footman coming into a boss's area and then the boss appears then after that the gates close behind the footman.)

(I could add more examples but i don't want too make a big comment, but if you need anything or have a question ask me.)

Level 4
I would suggest trying to open an existing map and looking at the triggers yourself. This is how I learned how to trigger. I really didn't understand it at all until I read the triggers and looked at how it worked. You can also open the custom campaign that comes with wc3. It's the one with Thrall. Those triggers were pretty simple to figure out at first glance. The best way to see how triggers work is to play with them first hand.

Level 2
Thanks a bunch guys:) I learned a bit from that demo map, and thanks for the triggers Army-of-Pandas :)

Level 4
Thanks a bunch guys:) I learned a bit from that demo map, and thanks for the triggers Army-of-Pandas :)

1st you need to have an idea for your dungeon and later you need to make triggers, if you can't make triggers, say us what you want to be your dungeon and we'll try to do it..

Level 2
ok, the trigger i would like to have now is a boss fight one including: 3 phases, phase 1: Normal attack until 75% of his health, then phase 2: Add phase, boss stands att a safe distance and he spawns adds, when adds die then phase 3 starts, he then cast a aoe spell att certian areas every 10 seconds or so:)

If i get it, maybe ill learn abit from it and then can make my own boss fights:)

Status
Not open for further replies.