• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Losing players when hosting map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi,
I have developed a beta version of my RPG. People can join and load and enter the map.
But when we try to pick the first hero by entering the circle of power, a stream of lag accours and the host just loses all players. The players just get the "You have disconnected" and the host is free to go on alone.

I have checked my triggers through, to see if something should trigger the action.

They all share the same area that the newly selected hero will be spawned. Can it overflow for the selecting player?

The enter:
  • Start Hero Choose Soldier
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero Choose Soldier <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Soul Seeker (Hero Pick)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Entering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Soldier for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Starting Spawn Point <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera as necessary for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to (Center of Starting Spawn Point <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
Other triggers:
  • Creep Add to Respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • ((Entering unit) is Summoned) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set Creep_Respawn_Integer = (Creep_Respawn_Integer + 1)
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Entering unit) to Creep_Respawn_Integer
      • Set Creep_Respawn_Point[Creep_Respawn_Integer] = (Position of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face (Random angle) over 0.00 seconds
  • Hero Experience Rate New Hero
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Hero level of (Entering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
      • (Hero level of (Entering unit)) Less than 20
    • Actions
      • Hero - Make (Owner of (Entering unit)) Heroes gain 100.00% experience from future kills
  • Hero Save Area Alkarean Outpost
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Area Alkarean Outpost <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Zeppelin Alkarean Outpost <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Starting Spawn Point <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
      • Area_HeroSave[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Not equal to Alkarean Outpost
    • Actions
      • Set Area_HeroSave[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = Alkarean Outpost
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 1.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00Save Poin...

Level 8
  • Camera - Pan camera as necessary for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to (Center of Starting Spawn Point <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
this trigger causes a desync, remove that and use another one.

So...

• Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Starting Spawn Point <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
- might make actually make a difference?
I honestly don't know why I have the necessary on. What is it for?

Level 12
So...

• Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Starting Spawn Point <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
- might make actually make a difference?
I honestly don't know why I have the necessary on. What is it for?

The problem is with the action, not with what you put into it. It is just a broken function that can cause desyncs (the game is in a different state for different players, so the game just drops everyone).

Level 8
The problem is with the action, not with what you put into it. It is just a broken function that can cause desyncs (the game is in a different state for different players, so the game just drops everyone).

So by remaking it like I posted above, it should solve the problem? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.