• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
I've added a few questions over the past days. Feel free to ask more via PM, it'll take some time before I can start one of the Second Books since I got much Object Data to change. Just informing you about this.

Progress report:
New spells and heroes are being added. Some of the old heroes are being changed a bit.

Good. I just can´t wait.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Progress report:
All heroes have been finished.
Tremble, mortals, as you watch the terrors await you!

Characters

171388-albums7976-picture98429.jpg
While the Imperials have fought their enemies in Lor, King Dorten of Kerrel has gathered most of the other kingdoms and created a new army to fight his enemies. He was never fond of throwing himself under Imperial control and dislikes them. However, since he managed to create an army consisting of almost entirely men from the Kingdoms, he might be one of the key characters that allows the Imperials to win this war.
171388-albums7976-picture98428.jpg
Even as a living, Sir Edoarus was a merciless one. He served as the executioner of the Kingdom of Pyrru. He hunted and killed everyone who broke the law. No matter what crime they had comitted, they died. However, one day, he killed the prince of Pyrru who had violated a woman and killed her afterwards. The king didn't believe that this really happened and ordered Sir Edoarus' execution. Before he was killed, though, the executioner punched the king to death with his bare hands. Aridon brought him back, decades ago, to serve once again as executioner.
171388-albums7976-picture98427.jpg
Not much is known about Amari, the chieftain of the Cliffhunter Clan. The Cliffhunter Clan consists only of females who wanted to fight themselves instead of staying behind while the males were fighting. Amari's origins are unknown, but she was the one who created the clan in the first place. Female Orcs, who didn't do as they were told, were exiled from their clans and therefore, the whole Cliffhunter Clan counts as an exiled clan and hasn't been asked to join Rangul and his cause. They don't live on the Isands, they inhabit the Kingdoms, hunting and pillaging the Humans again and again.
171388-albums7976-picture98426.jpg
The Three Bonelords are said to be as old as Krom. When Aridon fought against powerful enemies of the past, they were slain while he lost much of his power when he won. However, as Aridon regains his power, he starts to bring his old servants back, to haunt his enemies once again and to make his plan proceed the way they have so far now - just as planned.
Abilities

171388-albums7976-picture98425.jpg
Shadow Corruption
Surrounds enemy units in the target area with shadows, which causes enemy units to occasionally miss in combat.
171388-albums7976-picture98424.jpg
Corrosion Aura
Decreases armor of nearby enemy units.
171388-albums7976-picture98423.jpg
Healing Rune
Summons an immovable rune that heals nearby friendly non-mechanical unit's hit points.
171388-albums7976-picture98422.jpg
Firebomb
Throws a firebomb at an enemy unit that damages it and all units around.

Last edited:
Level 29
Progress report:

Characters

While the Imperials have fought their enemies in Lor, King Dorten of Kerrel has gathered most of the other kingdoms and created a new army to fight his enemies. He was never fond of throwing himself under Imperil control and dislikes them. However, since he managed to create an army of almost all Kingdoms, he might be one of the key characters for the Imperials to win this war.
Even as a living, Sir Edoarus was a merciless one. He served as the executioner of the Kingdom of Pyrru. He hunted and killed everyone who broke the law. No matter what crime they had comitted, they died. However, one day, he killed the prince of Pyrru who had violated a woman and killed her afterwards. The king didn't believe that this really happened and ordered Sir Edoarus' execution. Before he was killed, though, the executioner punched the king to death with his bare hands. Aridon brought him back, decades ago, to serve once again as executioner.
Not much is known about Amari, the chieftain of the Cliffhunter Clan. The Cliffhunter Clan consists only of females who wanted to fight themselves instead of staying behind while the males were fighting. Amari's origins are unknown, but she was the one who created the clan in the first place. Female Orcs, who didn't do as they were told, were exiled from their clans and therefore, the whole Cliffhunter Clan counts as exiled clan and hasn't been asked to join Rangul and his cause. They don't live on the Isands, they inhabit the Kingdoms, hunting and pillaging the Humans again and again.
The Three Bonelords are said to be as old as Krom. When Aridon fought against powerful enemies of the past, they've been slayed while he lost much of his power when he won. However, as Aridon is regaining his power, he starts to bring his old servants back, to haunt his enemies once again and to make his plan proceed the way they have so far now - just as planned.
Abilities

Shadow Corruption
Surrounds enemy units in the target area with shadows, which causes enemy units to occasionally miss in combat.
Corrosion Aura
Healing Rune
Summons an immovable rune that heals nearby friendly non-mechanical unit's hit points.
Firebomb

I am trembling... from excitement!
These new characters and abilities sound quite exciting and original, pretty much like everyone else in these books. Good job!

Brace yourselves. Seconds books are coming!!

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Wait, who's gonna have those abilities you've listed?

Level 29
Should we expect Veringar? I mean, yeah he is dead, but the undead can raise corpses and Largoth just killed him and his forces. He didn´t burn their corpses or someting like that.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I also like the fact that the Imperials are not only human faction. Maybe these kingdoms and imperials will even fight each other, which will make things more interesting.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Should we expect Veringar? I mean, yeah he is dead, but the undead can raise corpses and Largoth just killed him and his forces. He didn´t burn their corpses or someting like that.

Largoth utterly destroyed them and their corpses, so there's nothing to reanimate left. Tbh, I don't want to see that character again.

I also like the fact that the Imperials are not only human faction. Maybe these kingdoms and imperials will even fight each other, which will make things more interesting.

Who knows, who knows...

So, guys, I've kept you waiting for some time now. Here's the preview screen from the next book that'll be created (thanks to Heinvers for creating it! :)):

171388-albums7520-picture98511.jpg

Level 9
RIP bb codes. Gets fucked up when I open certain hidden tags.
It is true..

Ontopic

I would love to see... rebellion on Imperials
Full scale invasion for orcs
More of "Plans" from undeads
LEGIONS CHARGING INTO THESE GUYS

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I swear when I read your previous message the first thing that popped into my mind was the unknown green base which you can choose to destroy in one of the chapters of the human book...I was always wondering who they were....

Yeah, as much as I know, it's still not revealed who they actually are.

Level 8
So, guys, I've kept you waiting for some time now. Here's the preview screen from the next book that'll be created (thanks to Heinvers for creating it! :)):

171388-albums7520-picture98511.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This picture reprezent somebody or not i think if you can create a picture from a Human caracter to represent him not just a picture with no caracteradded in the book.

This is my opinion.

Level 9
Ther name Karskin appears in every campaign! Its weird to name them like that.....(Karskin was ur beta tester right?) Its almost as if Karskin is much more advanced and mire elite then the iron fist

Level 11
Progress report:

Characters

While the Imperials have fought their enemies in Lor, King Dorten of Kerrel has gathered most of the other kingdoms and created a new army to fight his enemies. He was never fond of throwing himself under Imperil control and dislikes them. However, since he managed to create an army of almost all Kingdoms, he might be one of the key characters for the Imperials to win this war.
Not much is known about Amari, the chieftain of the Cliffhunter Clan. The Cliffhunter Clan consists only of females who wanted to fight themselves instead of staying behind while the males were fighting. Amari's origins are unknown, but she was the one who created the clan in the first place. Female Orcs, who didn't do as they were told, were exiled from their clans and therefore, the whole Cliffhunter Clan counts as exiled clan and hasn't been asked to join Rangul and his cause. They don't live on the Isands, they inhabit the Kingdoms, hunting and pillaging the Humans again and again.
The Three Bonelords are said to be as old as Krom. When Aridon fought against powerful enemies of the past, they've been slayed while he lost much of his power when he won. However, as Aridon is regaining his power, he starts to bring his old servants back, to haunt his enemies once again and to make his plan proceed the way they have so far now - just as planned.
Abilities

Shadow Corruption
Corrosion Aura
Healing Rune
Firebomb

Is the firebomb spell a modified acid bomb ability?

It's extremely easy to modify the acid bomb ability into a variety of spells if you have any experience with the warcraft 3 editor, for instance it can be used to create a spell that damages all units in an area, does damage over time like shadow strike ability, reduces the armor, attack rate or movement speed of a unit or a group of units... with enough creativity it can easily be reshaped into a variety of different spells...

Level 29
Ladies and gentlemen,

the first post has been updated! Meet more characters of the Second Human Book!

So these are the new main characters? The previous ones are no longer important?
If that so I am glad. I hated Blen, the so-called hero and epitome of the humans' definition of honor and courage. He was so... one-sided! He was the typical brave general that spoke of honor and yet he was so quick to trust in others. I mean, all it took for Genethas to persuade him was a talk!
I didn´t liked Aedale either. Her arrogance in believing that she could control demon artifacts will be most likely her undoing. She made a literal pact with the devil just for power (Rahandir did but he had every reason to abandon his race).
I liked Salana and Gardon though. They were more than meets the eye.
Why am I sensing that Lord Brian is secretly a spy of Aridon?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So these are the new main characters? The previous ones are no longer important?
If that so I am glad. I hated Blen, the so-called hero and epitome of the humans' definition of honor and courage. He was so... one-sided! He was the typical brave general that spoke of honor and yet he was so quick to trust in others. I mean, all it took for Genethas to persuade him was a talk!
I didn´t liked Aedale either. Her arrogance in believing that she could control demon artifacts will be most likely her undoing. She made a literal pact with the devil just for power (Rahandir did but he had every reason to abandon his race).
I liked Salana and Gardon though. They were more than meets the eye.
Why am I sensing that Lord Brian is secretly a spy of Aridon?

The old main characters won't just disappear, but they just aren't "real" main characters this time.
Oh, and if Genethas convinced Blen, he actually convinced you since you chose to aid him. ;)

One of the characters is called 'Larine the Exile'. Shouldn´t be 'the Exiled'?

As far as I know, both should work

Gardon's the best with Melee + his OP Aura. That's more than sufficient ^^
Anyway, I really suspect something odd with Lord Brian, and also, I didn't expect Aedale to have a sister.

Aedale has several older siblings, actually.

About Lord Brian: He is a shadow-like creature now, not an undead. And has many of Gardon's characteristics. He surely isn't one of the good guys, but compared to a certain High Lord Inquisitor... Well, you judge when the time is right.

Level 29
Touché. Well played, Shar, well played.
Though, in my defense, the first time I played the campaign I chose Gardon. I later replayed and chose Genethas just to see if there were differences inthe story.

Gardon's the best with Melee + his OP Aura. That's more than sufficient ^^
Anyway, I really suspect something odd with Lord Brian, and also, I didn't expect Aedale to have a sister.

Both her backstory and her memories, though warped, while searching for Lisara had already mentioned that she had many brothers and sisters that went to the army. But given her mind has been corrupted I don´t believe the reunion will be warm. I expect one or more two corpses in the end.

Aedale has several older siblings, actually.

About Lord Brian: He is a shadow-like creature now, not an undead. And has many of Gardon's characteristics. He surely isn't one of the good guys, but compared to a certain High Lord Inquisitor... Well, you judge when the time is right.
Yeah, just remember that, thanks :) though will we get to see other siblings here as well?

Make more sense to me, yeah, he would make a good pal for Gardon perhaps? :D

Both her backstory and her memories, though warped, while searching for Lisara had already mentioned that she had many brothers and sisters that went to the army. But given her mind has been corrupted I don´t believe the reunion will be warm. I expect one or more two corpses in the end.
Yeah, a bloody helluva of fight, with at least one dead corpse between them :D

EDIT :
There's a mistake in Gardon's name on the header description :
Command the cruel General Gardon Ironclaw and unite the estranged factions of the Empire by any means necessary. Withstand your enemies, both inside and outside, and face the horrifying Demons.
It's Bloodclaw :D

Also :
The question is... how far are you willing to go for absolute victory? Will you have to sacrifice your humanity in order to achieve victory? Only time will tell.
More than willing :D guess I got to sacrifice his humanity ^^

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Touché. Well played, Shar, well played.
Though, in my defense, the first time I played the campaign I chose Gardon. I later replayed and chose Genethas just to see if there were differences inthe story.

Well, some realized that something was odd about Gardon and joined Genethas instead. Some have been fooled by the old veteran.^^

Expect much more. ^.^

This is really awesome... for some reason I sense that there's a connection between Gardon and Brian the fallen....

so looking forward to playing the second human book, good job on the characters Shar!

Thank you! :)

Yeah, just remember that, thanks :) though will we get to see other siblings here as well?

Pretty unlikely, but perhaps.

It's Bloodclaw :D

o.0 How did that happen? Thanks for pointing it out.

Level 11
Can't wait to play the first few chapters and witness Bloodclaw in action, guess its gonna be like a civil war within the human factions...

So, this one would be like war between humans on most part eh? :D
Can't believe they slaughter each other while demons are rampaging their lands ^^

This makes it much more interesting, instead of just fighting the demons, orcs, and Aridon's forces...Gardon and other generals might have to suppress rebellions and destroy other human leaders to consolidate their power...it adds a whole other dimension to this campaign...

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes it much more interesting, instead of just fighting the demons, orcs, and Aridon's forces...Gardon and other generals might have to suppress rebellions and destroy other human leaders to consolidate their power...it adds a whole other dimension to this campaign...

Yeah, hence it will add a lot of twist which is good for the story :)

Also, Please use EDIT button instead of double posting.
=======================
@Shar Dundred
Do you intend to use spells from spell section?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

So, this one would be like war between humans on most part eh? :D
Can't believe they slaughter each other while demons are rampaging their lands ^^

What's surprising about that? Human history is full of such conflicts ^^

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Hello ladies and gentlemen this is an announcement from your local Arkain Industries news network.

As of now, the Arkain staff is taking a break before continuing further work on the Legends of Arkain series. We'll get back to you when we can but for now the thread will be inactive, mostly, so please no unnecessary bumping a week or two down the line.

See you later folks.

Level 11
Hello ladies and gentlemen this is an announcement from your local Arkain Industries news network.

As of now, the Arkain staff is taking a break before continuing further work on the Legends of Arkain series. We'll get back to you when we can but for now the thread will be inactive, mostly, so please no unnecessary bumping a week or two down the line.

See you later folks.

Can we still send questions for AQT?