• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoK-Rise of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Need a crew. This is going to be a epic sized map. I need a team for it. I'm not a strict guy, I will just tell you the truth. We work as a team, and you take credit as a team. Sort of going to be a game where you claim pre-built bases/castles that were burnt to the ground. And from there, you get income for every base/castle/village you own. Every 1 minuet the land you own spawns soldiers inside, and the gold is used to upgrade your land. The castles will all have burnt buildings, ruined gates, destroyed towers, and ruined walls. The gold you use will repair all of that, and providing more income and better soldiers that spawn in your castle/village/base. Obviously you will have a king, and when he dies you lose. But if you own a castle, you will automatically be granted a prince/princess (sex of the hero will be randomized). And from there, your prince/princess must capture the next castle. The game continues on until all 11 castles/cities have been captured.

Owner:Hakato
Triggers:
Modeler:
Terrainers:(Believe it or not, for this map, this is the most important!)
Testers:
25kmyl2.jpg

Level 26
Does not an epic-sized map derserve an epic concept and thread? You actually expect to find assistants for four different jobs (which you already do not further describe). I doubt anyone would submit an application when you do not properly point out your project, so make some effort. Also wonder what your obligation is besides being the "owner". Alone the label and to write it bold on pictures, loading screens or in ingame texts indicates that the ownership is more worth for you than the project itself.

And what's up with the project names these days? Seriously, words like "rise", "king", "kingdom", "war", "battle", "brawl", "siege" are quite overused and too generic to characterize and remind.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This type of map has been done to death...

Level 2
Thanks for your feedback.

yea you're right. I should go into detail about it more. And besides me being an owner I will also be doing triggers and editing the castles/villages with terrain and custom walls/gates. I will also be balancing out all the creeps laying them out and will add in commands for setname-. I will be doing a lot trust me. And I also have the map laid out and where I want to place all the castles/cities/villages/camps. The thing that differs this from all the rest, is that the bigger the castle/whateveryouwant is, the more gold it is going to cost. They can't go straight for a castle and buy it, it's going to be too much. In stead they have to get the small camps or villages. From there they fight and gain enough to be able to buy a broken down castle. And the castle will have all types of upgrade for the castle itself, such as wooden walls (200 gold) Stone walls (600 gold), Wooden towers (400) Stone Towers (600), Wooden Gate (200 gold) Steel Gate (400 gold) Iron Gate (700 gold), Train Archers (adds +1 to how many shots the towers have, 100 gold each, 3 times max.), Gate Oil Fire (200 gold, obviously only used for steel+iron gate). There's tons of things that will separate this from all the others, believe me. And I didn't think too much about me just putting my name on the loading screen, but I do give credit. I can easily replace that owner with just another member of the crew. I have NO problem with giving people credit. I just want to see the map get finished. There is also a river on the map, so while soldiers spawn in all villages/castles/cities/camps... Boats also spawn for the ones located on the coast line. I literally came up with this idea like 2 days ago, and I am also still working out on what the map is exactly going to be like. That's what the group is for. And I know what you're saying about me being formal with this, but when I actually get what the map is going to be like, and more information on other crew members, I will spend the time to do so. Instead, I'm going to be focused towards my HLW map until I get enough members to start working on this map.

Edit: Also, I honestly do appreciate your feedback.
Edit2: The main thing to all of the settlements are the villagers, every house they own within the castle or w.e, the income goes up by 5. Feel free to come up with ideas, I'm a very optimistic person. And I give credit for Everything trust me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

There was another game that did the exact same thing (the name eludes me) a year or so ago.

Level 26
Only because another one has done the same, that does not mean you would be forbidden to do so. Mapmaking is not only about obtaining the result map, but also the process in creating it, realizing your vision. And it will probably differ at least in detail anyway, absorbing your features, if you do not copy it. But you have to know yourself what your aims are.

Status
Not open for further replies.