1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by HungaryMaster (Magyar), Jun 26, 2018.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I replayed the fifth chapter and somehow I found it more difficult

-When I give the wolf the bone, he goes to a building then returns to the place he was and suddenly vanishes in thin air.
    -The orc peon that eats the meat and falls asleep no longer falls asleep in the place of the yellow rune. He now falls asleep next to the catapult
    -The 'laser bean' thing that is guarding a chest containing a tome of experience after a while ceases to stop, making it impossible for me to reach the chest
    -The patrolling warlock has a larger sight radius than the other orcs. Even when I am very far away from him, he attacks me
    -One of the ogres (the one whose patrol doesn't make him get close to the village's gate) eventually stops patrolling and stops in a location where I have to go in order to avoid the other ogres.

In order for the Optional Quest to appear, Kel'Thuzad has to be the one that approaches Elenis. If Alonsus approaches her, the optional quest doesn't appear.
    Kel'Thuzad should adress her as 'miss' rather than 'woman'
    Grammar errors: Optional Quest: "...a potion to cure herself... her dead child."

There is another shop next to my base where they sell gold and lumber

I killed the 'chestmare' sheep and a voice says a few phrases that appear to come from a book. Is that it?

In Chapter 4 we only reach level 5, so I didn't have access Evangelism. So I have no idea.

Another things I noticed.
    -Kel'Thuzad stops leveling at level 6, but both Alonsus and Araj can keep leveling up until they reach level 10.
    -After playing the fifth mission, we don't go right to mission six.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry I have been unavailable recently. I have a creative crisis currently, and I had fever for two weeks. But I'm working on it i promise :)

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem. I constantly have creative crisis too. :)

Are you cured of the fever?

4. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Of course, thanks for the response. :)

5. Hetgrum

Hetgrum

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well made campaign. The terrain is particularly well designed. I only wish there was a little bit more variety. Even the chest opening with a key only applies once.

Found bugs: 1) in the siege, quests discovered twice for some reason; this reset the timer to 45 minutes, which was annoying; 2) in the mission after that, sixth, I believe, I could bypass the raider without doing the optional quest.

6. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The new map, Whispers of Temptation has been released, please report if it has bugs or minor mistakes I havent seen while I created it. Please, do not hesitate to share your opinion about the map. This is the way I can improve. :)

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Glad to see that you are still commited to this campaign.

First off. I had to replay the campaign from the start because otherwise Kel'Thuzad will not appear on following missions.

So I made a review of all maps to find any possible error that I may not have noticed.

First Map

-Recheck the stats of the Elementals because their descriptions don't match their actual stats (same to all missions)
    -Make the Elementals' abilities follow QWER (same to all missions)
    'cannot' instead of 'can not'
    '...access from King Terenas...'
    Main Quest: '...want Kel'Thuzad...need to be discussed... and so they want Modera...permission is needed...'
    Andromath: '...and tell the Council that...'
    Optional Quest 'Restless Ghosts': '...near Riversdale."

Second Chapter

-Technically it was Antonidas who sent Kel'Thuzad to investigate, not Modera.
    -Make the Necrolytes have Magic attacks rather than Piercing
    -Glad to see that you fixed the bugs if we were to try to skip the cinematics. Good job!

Third Chapter

-The Death Knights don't decay. While this is not a issue at all, I feel like I should point it out.
    -Make the Skeletal Mages have Magic attacks rather than Piercing

Fourth Chapter

-Kel'Thuzad claims that he brought mages but we have no access to them, only to Priests. And no, Priests are not mages.
    -Review the hotkeys for the buildings

Interlude

'...against the orcs...'

Fifth Chapter

'...with the assistance...'
    '...dark magic that these..."
    '...against...'
    -The Peon that should be asleep after eating the meat can see me and kills me. So I can't continue.

8. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    always the same problem played the campaign from the beginning . Than Chapter 5 Imperial Hunger there is a black map can´t click on untits ( no Kel Thuzad available)

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have to replay from the first mission in order for Kel'Thuzad to appear.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is fixed?

12. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The thingy you have mentioned. (And shared ín the desc)

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. Thanks!

Allow me to continue the review.

Chapter Five

Gameplay
    -While the other Elementals' description fits, the Water Elemental has more health and deals more damage than what his description says.
    -Sorry for only realizing it now, but the first Main Quest describes the second (reaching the base) instead of the current (putting a flare at the tower)
    -Reduce the sight radius of the patrolling Warlock and the Raider stationed in the Graveyard. This is not truly necessary, but it is very hard to reach the Ghost since the warlock can see us from afar and the Raider sometimes can see us too.
    -Make the Ancient Doors invulnerable.
    -Put warnings saying the amount of ichors already gathered or put a Quest update saying that we have already gathered all 8 ichors.

Grammar
    Ghost: 'Not that it matters now... so that I can help...'
    Ghost: '...I can rest now..."
    -Rename the 'Amani Trolls' 'Forest Trolls'. The Amani have never reached this far on Lordaeron.
    Optional Quest: 'A kobold is trapped...'
    Final Cinematic: '...already prepared the attack...'
    -During the cinematics replace 'Horde' with 'orcs' every time this word is mentioned. The Horde has been disbanded.

Chapter Six

-Kel'Thuzad doesn't appear
    -The buildings still don't follow the correct hotkeys.

I will continue after you fix the issue with Kel'Thuzad.

14. atsthj

atsthj

Resources:
    Resources:
    For chapter seven
    1 While footmen are destroying the land mines, they will turn to enemies if Kel'Thuzad walks out of the circle.
    2 The three gold coins initially appear before I could find the items for each person.
    3 Is there an experience limit in this chapter? Kel'Thuzad can gain experience to level 8.

I highly recommend each chapter can load Kel'Thuzad even if we don't play the previous chapters. So there will be no need to play from the first chapter every time.

Thanks.

15. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Do you mean by 'not following the correct hotkeys' that the hotkeys aren't correct letters or not functioning?

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean that they should follow these hotkeys
    QWER
    ASDF
    ZXCV
    similar to the units and upgrades on the buildings.

17. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nearly everything has been fixed. (and the file in the description has been replaced too)

Fixed. The only thing that I found unnecessary is the fix kelthuzad for every map, the player should play with every chapter before the one they would like to play, so it isn't mandatory to have.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  18. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then I suggest that you make all maps in the campaign unavaiable except the first, forcing us to play all to reach the last one.

19. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is why the campaign is in "beta version". I will make the maps unavailable with the exception of the first map ofc.

20. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok.

I replayed the new version. Kel'Thuzad still doesn't appear in chapter Six, even after playing all previous chapters.