• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Night Elves

What do you think about this campaign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
this looks like a ton of fun when its done :D

but i saw a screen shot of the second updats map the units that were in it and please

search in hives models (elven Royal Guard ) that model is very well made els its your chose dono :)

Level 8
BEFORE I play this awesome campaign.IS this like one of those story decision theme campaign?

Level 4
This is actually quite nice but there are some problems for me even though it is an early version :
1. Terrain : Lacking and making it clear it isn't finished yet but it can use some work. Ex. Chapter 1's main quest village is...flat. It has doodads and all that but it's plain flat.
2. Grammar : Seeing a lot of grammar mistakes for example "that bastards" it should be "those bastards" (I do not want to be offensive in any way,just stating my opinion) Do not use "that" for plural,use that for pointing out objects and stuff,for example : That is my friend.
3. Gameplay : Not gonna say anything about that kind of stuff since it is an early version.
4. The commander to have a more royal looking model then the Queen is something I wouldn't like seeing. The queen should look more royal cause the Warden unit(not hero) model in my eyes doesn't look good in any form of royalty but if you already don't have in mind to keep the Queen's model that way then just forget about all the stuff that I have said at 4.
5.I don't like that in chapters you already have the map explored(considering even if it's still in early version),make it un-explored so that you don't already know where exactly to start going,cause I just simply hate to not explore around and look for more secrets.
Overall a good campaign so far,those are all that I don't like so far,hope you keep it up and wish to see this become a very good campaign. Even though I think this is your first campaign I think you can actually make something good out of this.

Hello, guys!
Sorry if I did not work more on this campaign!
Now, I've started to work on it. I'm making the terrain of chapter 3:
2-jpg.269006
3-jpg.269007
4-jpg.269008

The whole map won't be just these parts.

How is the terrain so far, guys?

Last edited:
Okay guys, I'm working on this project again. Updated the first post with the latest version of the campaign.

Latest Changelog Until Now

1. Fixed some grammar mistakes
2. Fixed some trigger and gameplay bugs
3. Fixed some of the location leaks except in the chapter 3
4. Added some progress of the chapter 3
etc.

Level 9
This is a creative and interesting custom campaign and I recommend other people should follow and support if possible.

There are a few things that bother me however. I can fully understand that this is an early build so I won't say anything bad about it considering the amount of effort and time that went into it.
The English is weak and the character lines are flat, I assume that the author isn't a native English speaker. There area a lot of grammar issues and weird sentence structures such as: " Yes, In this place I have a friend" instead of "Yes. I have a friend nearby"; or in chapter 2 "So this is the Soul of Elune that bastaerd Goddess of the Elves. Doom Guards you must guard this soul very well" or "You bastaerd Night Elves, our Master have destroyed your kingdom" instead of "You bastard Night Elves, our Master destroyed your kingdom". There are many errors to point out nonetheless.
The maps need a little bit more immersion to make you feel like you are in Night Elf territory, I know how hard decorating a map is and how much time it consumes but the end result makes you feel more immersed in the story and the landscape.
I was a little bit disappointed there were no secrets on the maps. The Warden hero has the blink ability and I hoped I could find some goodies on the map if I teleport around a bit such as hidden tomes or little items. Though it is an early build and there is always room for improvement or adding little things to reward the player.
The cinematic scenes are well made, I have to just point that out. I've tried a lot to get a hang of making a decent cinematic but always failed or it came out wrong. The angles give you a good look over the scenes and what's happening.

Bugs that I've found (or are probably known):
- Thaalaria's first skill shows that it deals 0 damage in a line and has no mana cost. Despite the tool-tip error, the skill does damage to units if cast and will show its mana cost if you skill it.
- Thaalaria's skills have no level requirement. You can max up any skill you want early on.
- Chapter 3 has no intro/mission message in the loading screen (though this might not be a bug I've decided to mention it)
- In Chapter 3, the Felguards that spawned were friendly to me though I believe they were supposed to attack me.
- In Chapter 3 the gates can be broken without you going after the Power Key in the Satyr camp. The tool-tip still pops up but you can pass through the gate if you broke it.
- In Chapter 2 after you capture the Soul of Elune the Legion no longer attacks you and becomes passive.
- In Chapter 2 Queen Eralia and Hyenia Sagebranch both reached level 7, when I got to Chapter 3 Queen Eralia was level 3 and Hyenia was level 4.
- In Chapter 3 the Nature Orb quest gives you no reward (I was expecting to get to train the Glave Captain custom units as a reward).

On a personal note: Thaalaria is a very strong hero. As long as she has her mana up or has mana regen, your army is almost unkillable because of her second skill. I also find it odd that her passive skill gives her Crit and Evasion since she's an intelligence hero though I believe that if she had Brilliance Aura (not to mention her high intelligence gain per level) that would have made her really broken considering she could spam her first and second skill to no end.

There are a few things that bother me however. I can fully understand that this is an early build so I won't say anything bad about it considering the amount of effort and time that went into it.
The English is weak and the character lines are flat, I assume that the author isn't a native English speaker. There area a lot of grammar issues and weird sentence structures such as: " Yes, In this place I have a friend" instead of "Yes. I have a friend nearby"; or in chapter 2 "So this is the Soul of Elune that bastaerd Goddess of the Elves. Doom Guards you must guard this soul very well" or "You bastaerd Night Elves, our Master have destroyed your kingdom" instead of "You bastard Night Elves, our Master destroyed your kingdom". There are many errors to point out nonetheless.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm not a native English person. I think I need someone to do this.
The maps need a little bit more immersion to make you feel like you are in Night Elf territory, I know how hard decorating a map is and how much time it consumes but the end result makes you feel more immersed in the story and the landscape.
Hmm, I'll try to make it more Night Elvish.
I was a little bit disappointed there were no secrets on the maps. The Warden hero has the blink ability and I hoped I could find some goodies on the map if I teleport around a bit such as hidden tomes or little items. Though it is an early build and there is always room for improvement or adding little things to reward the player.
Of course, there are always rooms for improvement. Thanks for the ideas!
The cinematic scenes are well made, I have to just point that out. I've tried a lot to get a hang of making a decent cinematic but always failed or it came out wrong. The angles give you a good look over the scenes and what's happening.
Good.
- Thaalaria's first skill shows that it deals 0 damage in a line and has no mana cost. Despite the tool-tip error, the skill does damage to units if cast and will show its mana cost if you skill it.
Yes, I was about to fix this but I always forget it. :C
- Thaalaria's skills have no level requirement. You can max up any skill you want early on.
Will be fixed soon.
- Chapter 3 has no intro/mission message in the loading screen (though this might not be a bug I've decided to mention it)
Yeah, I didn't write it still.
- In Chapter 3, the Felguards that spawned were friendly to me though I believe they were supposed to attack me.
Really?? Will fix it.
- In Chapter 3 the gates can be broken without you going after the Power Key in the Satyr camp. The tool-tip still pops up but you can pass through the gate if you broke it.
Ah, I had to make it invulnerable.
- In Chapter 2 after you capture the Soul of Elune the Legion no longer attacks you and becomes passive.
Well, I'll think about this.
- In Chapter 2 Queen Eralia and Hyenia Sagebranch both reached level 7, when I got to Chapter 3 Queen Eralia was level 3 and Hyenia was level 4.
This seems to be from spawning new heroes, I must fix it by using caches, I think.
- In Chapter 3 the Nature Orb quest gives you no reward (I was expecting to get to train the Glave Captain custom units as a reward).
Will fix it.

Thank you for your review! :)

Last edited:
Still working on some spells and damage triggers.

• EluneBoltMain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Elune Bolt
    • Actions
      • Set Targ_Unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Temp_Unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Targ_Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Abilities\Spells\Orc\SpiritLink\SpiritLinkZapTarget.mdl
      • Set Effect01 = (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Abilities\Spells\Orc\SpiritLink\SpiritLinkZapTarget.mdl
      • Set Effect02 = (Last created special effect)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Lightning Orb for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Unit01 = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Lightning Orb for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Kill Unit01
          • Set Unit02 = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Kill Unit02
      • Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary lightning effect from source Targ_Point to target Temp_Point
      • Set Lightning = (Last created lightning effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Targ_Point)
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit01 is alive) Equal to False
                  • (Unit02 is alive) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 30, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Sound - Play LightningBolt1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at Temp_Point with Z offset 0.00
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Targ_Point using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Set Effect03[(Integer A)] = (Last created special effect)
                  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Targ_Unit, dealing (1000000.00 x (Percentage life of Targ_Unit)) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Magic
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Destroy Effect03[(Integer A)]
              • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Targ_Point using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Set Effect04[(Integer A)] = (Last created special effect)
                  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect04[(Integer A)]
                  • Special Effect - Destroy Effect01
                  • Special Effect - Destroy Effect02
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Targ_Point using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
              • Set Effect05[(Integer A)] = (Last created special effect)
              • Custom script: call DestroyLightning( udg_Lightning)
            • Else - Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy Effect05[(Integer A)]
  • NatureWaveLoop
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nature Wave
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Real = 0.00
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasLoc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
          • Unit - Set level of Nature Wave for (Last created unit) to (Level of Nature Wave for Caster)
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%) with 50.00% transparency
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm
          • Set LocOffset[(Integer A)] = (CasLoc offset by 700.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To LocOffset[(Integer A)]
          • Unit - Add a 3.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Set Real = (Real + (360.00 / 8.00))
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)
  • NatureWaveDamage
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nature Wave
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Unit_2 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Targ_Point_2 = (Position of Targ_Unit_2)
      • Set Targ_Unit_2 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Targ_Unit_2 has buff Frost Armor) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause Temp_Unit_2 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Targ_Point_2, dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Temp_Unit_2 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Targ_Point_2, dealing 125.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                        • Then - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Cause Temp_Unit_2 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Targ_Point_2, dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                            • Else - Actions
                        • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
  • EluneBoltSecond
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Elune Bolt
    • Actions
      • Set Caster1 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Real1 = 0.00
      • Set CasLoc1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- First --------
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at CasLoc1 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Elune Bolt to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Elune Bolt for (Last created unit) to (Level of Elune Bolt for (Triggering unit))
          • Set LocOffset1[(Integer A)] = (CasLoc1 offset by 400.00 towards Real1 degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Phoenix
          • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • -------- Second --------
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at CasLoc1 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Set level of Elune Bolt for (Last created unit) to (Level of Elune Bolt for (Triggering unit))
          • Set LocOffset1[((Integer A) + 3)] = (CasLoc1 offset by 800.00 towards Real1 degrees)
          • -------- Third --------
          • Set LocOffset1[((Integer A) + 6)] = (CasLoc1 offset by 1200.00 towards Real1 degrees)
          • Set Real = (Real + (360.00 / 8.00))
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocOffset1[bj_forLoopAIndex])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocOffset1[bj_forLoopAIndex + 3])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocOffset1[bj_forLoopAIndex + 6])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)

Status
Not open for further replies.