• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Necro Knight v1.3.

Rise of the Necro Knight
Takes place in fictional kingdom of Androsean, where young mage named Aneglur seeks power trough necromancy. Neglected and underappreciated he seeked for his glory. Local authorities assumed about his actions. King sent men to kill him. Even after his death dark powers remains in his dead body and he raised him self as powerful necromancer-warrior with one mission to take vengeance.

Necro Knight have unique set of abilities and his strongest ability is non-hero ability called Second Opportunity, that allows him to raise killed units permanently.

This campaign is RPG focused, killing creeps, finding secrets and fighting secret bosses.
Each map has neutral Boss and corpse of Legendary warrior.

Information

CharactersDescription
Aneglur TugadhMain Protagonist of campaign, young mage that became necromancer.
RoddrickGeneral of Androsean army, self centred egoistic man, will do anything to save his skin, even betray his loyal friends.
KeaganLoyal Captain of Androsean, capable and good man, victim of betrayal
BossesDescription
GauldothSpirit of powerfull necromancer. Drops Gauldoth's Tome.
Obsidian GolemMighty colossal golem, drops Runed Bracer.
Charles VaneRuthless pirate captain, drops Ocean Master.
King Gilliam IIIMur'gul king, drops Scepter of the Seas.
[td]Slade and Slitthroat

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Authors Notes

[td]Deadly Bandit duo, drops Enchanting Ring .[/td]
Corpses of Legendary WarriorsHistory
Lone ChampionTrue definition of a Champion, veteran of many wars, location of his grave is unknown.
Troll MarauderTrollish warrior of many troll tales, guardian of all trolls.
Ocean VanguardProtector of the seas, killed by pirates.
sdugdx
sduiae
sdujva
sdukq2
sdunjf
sduoud
166559-5a5382e0c70323f4d30dbadb4ef7d152.jpg
166560-2e9feb3437911bbcefc475c94a5c4f03.jpg
166561-a75a60e60595b46c9e5109a29be45665.jpg
166562-5686da01cbe46a954aaf5b0341d392fa.jpg
166564-0ec0965f0f4fa17fcef4d57c29a9dd69.jpg
sdupzw
sduszt
sduux9
sduw89
sduxpf
sduzjt
166559-5a5382e0c70323f4d30dbadb4ef7d152.jpg
166560-2e9feb3437911bbcefc475c94a5c4f03.jpg
166561-a75a60e60595b46c9e5109a29be45665.jpg
166562-5686da01cbe46a954aaf5b0341d392fa.jpg
166564-0ec0965f0f4fa17fcef4d57c29a9dd69.jpg

Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png
Screenshot-3.png
Screenshot-4.png
Screenshot-5.png
Screenshot-6.png
Screenshot-7.png
Screenshot-8.png
Screenshot-9.png
Screenshot-10.png

[30.9.2019.]
skip cinematic added
new unit for humans
new unique items
fixed trigger bugs
new spell for Aneglur

[14.12.2019]
This update introduces new mechanic for raising enemy units, risen units keep their abilities.
There are some new unique items that have drop chance instead of getting normal item type:
Slippers of Agility 67% drop chance and Ninja Slippers 33% drop chance
Maul of Strenght and Maul of Brute Strenght
Mantle of Intelligence and Mantle of Magi
Gauntlets of Ogre Strenght and Gauntlets of Ogre Warlord
Slimy Murloc Scale and Sturdy Murloc Scale

[9.5.2020.] Released in 1.30.4 version of WC3
Unique risen models added
minor dialogue changes

nazgul rider by olofmoleman
soulsteal by 4eNNightmare
captain footman by Ujimasa Hojo
cottage by HerrDave
dark harvest by Power
demon knight by Tarrasque
footman hero by Sharkarsh, Stefan.K
footman spear thrower by AhhFreshWeeD
frost armor target by JetFangInferno
hand made axe by Sunchips
homestead by HerrDave
knight by Stefan.K
murloc fisher by willydawiller
human bishop by Tranquill
nazgl by HerrDave
ogre pirate by Uncle Fester
scarecrow by Shadow_killer
sea giant emperor by Retera
thatched cottages by MassiveMaster
troll pirate by Uncle Fester
turalyon by CloudWolf
web by Lender
black corsair by WhiteDeath

Special thanks to BloodSoul for triggers
This is my first campaign, it took several years to make with pauses. Hope you enjoy it
[/TD]
Contents

Rise of the Necro Knight (Campaign)

Reviews
Mvyrea
I understand it's a demo, so I guess it's normal that there are many things to fix. Regarding the prologue, I think that I should not use a model as recognizable as Arthas for another character, it does not look good. On the subject of the models, I...
Paillan
After a test a couple of things: Mayor issues: - There's no info for the player that they need to break the granary to get to the town from behind. - The prologue has a victory screen to end them map instead of sending the player to the first map...
cleavinghammer
Loading screen image should be better cropped, there are these weird white shapes at the edges. English needs a lot of correcting, but is understandable. Cutscenes are unskippable. Given how important Second Chance is to gameplay, it should have a...
deepstrasz
Same issue, the hero does not appear in chapter 2. It works on 1.27 though. But we require it to work on the latest patches as well. Awaiting Update. (previous comments: Rise of the Necro Knight v1.2.) EDIT: no updates in 3 months. Substandard...
Level 3
nice campaign but the begin of some chapters dont respect the end of the last one... for example... you killed keagan and next chapter you kill him again in cinematic. thats non sense

4/5

Level 13
Momowarlord I thank you for making this campaign :) It's a bit short, but that's exactly what it's for. What touched me in your game are the dialogues - short and clear showing how great the desire for revenge is. With appropriate music, the spirit and atmosphere of the action + the dialogues could be conveyed. Music is great magic. Do not underestimate its power :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
Hello Mr. Momowarlord, my friend and I like your campaigns very much,but my friend can't register the hive. My friend have translated this campaigns into Chinese. My friend request me to transmit this message to you, and my friend hope he can get your permission.

Level 11
Hi Momowarlord.

I played this campaign and I enjoyed it. Here are some things I've encountered on the road and some feedback.

Script: The plot is alright, but could use some improvement on the character's develepment as the missions progreses. Some dialogues could use some work (I'm not talking about the spelling mistakes, which there are but you can still understand and enjoy the game).

For example, in the prologue, the part where they scort the Necromancer's body to the crypt, that whole scene could have been with no dialogues and would be fine and the player will still understand what's going on.

Cinematics:
When you "play XX animation" on any unit, remember to put "queue stand animation". That way the character is not frozen in time after played said animation. This happened on prologue and first chapter if remember correctly.

I think it was chapt 2's endding that ended abruptly, a nice fade out would be nice.

Gameplay experience:
I like this mechanic were you get to pick your own army by using Second change. I think it's fun and new (at least for me).
Suggestion: I like the idea that you can reanimate neutral animals too! I thought this can be exploit and make secrets path were only small units can fit in to unlock them, just a thought.

It would be nice if the Main Character himself can raise the "legendary warriors". Because the first one I reanimated him with a Raccoon and the second one, with the Black Dragon (which I found out actually cool but a bit overpowered lol), without even destroying the trees.
Suggestion: since these are powerful warriors, a nice dialogue or something special would be nice, so the player can also understand that unit is a special one and a secret that there will be in most maps further on. It doesn't have to pause the game for this, maybe some small silly line will suffice.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I love you imported specific unit models when they go undead, also, they having same or sliglhy modified spells as when they lived is a big plus to the gameplay. yay!

Chap 1
I failed the second side quest when I killed one of the family peasent that came attacking me while destroying the barracks. I even didn't know he was part of a side-quests till I destroyed the barracks and tower and procceeded on.
Suggestion: If you wanna fix this I can suggest you 1) Pause the peasents till the cinematic starts, or 2) change the ownership of the family and make them treat player 2 as neutral.

Escenary:
I like what you did while creating your world. the terrain, doads, and so on looks nice. I like how, overall, you tried to keep it W3 style, kudos for that.

Sound:
You can add some sounds files when the player interacts with the ambience or when they are on the correct path. For example, 2º chapter when finding out the scepter for the side quests. It's not necessary but gives flavour to it.

As I mentioned before, I did enjoy the campaign and looks really good for it to be your first one. I'd love to see more of this story.

Please have in mind some of these suggestions are small fixes that will bring QOL but they are not necesarry needed.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi Momowarlord.

I played this campaign and I enjoyed it. Here are some things I've encountered on the road and some feedback.

Script: The plot is alright, but could use some improvement on the character's develepment as the missions progreses. Some dialogues could use some work (I'm not talking about the spelling mistakes, which there are but you can still understand and enjoy the game).

For example, in the prologue, the part where they scort the Necromancer's body to the crypt, that whole scene could have been with no dialogues and would be fine and the player will still understand what's going on.

Cinematics:
When you "play XX animation" on any unit, remember to put "queue stand animation". That way the character is not frozen in time after played said animation. This happened on prologue and first chapter if remember correctly.

I think it was chapt 2's endding that ended abruptly, a nice fade out would be nice.

Gameplay experience:
I like this mechanic were you get to pick your own army by using Second change. I think it's fun and new (at least for me).
Suggestion: I like the idea that you can reanimate neutral animals too! I thought this can be exploit and make secrets path were only small units can fit in to unlock them, just a thought.

It would be nice if the Main Character himself can raise the "legendary warriors". Because the first one I reanimated him with a Raccoon and the second one, with the Black Dragon (which I found out actually cool but a bit overpowered lol), without even destroying the trees.
Suggestion: since these are powerful warriors, a nice dialogue or something special would be nice, so the player can also understand that unit is a special one and a secret that there will be in most maps further on. It doesn't have to pause the game for this, maybe some small silly line will suffice.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I love you imported specific unit models when they go undead, also, they having same or sliglhy modified spells as when they lived is a big plus to the gameplay. yay!

Chap 1
I failed the second side quest when I killed one of the family peasent that came attacking me while destroying the barracks. I even didn't know he was part of a side-quests till I destroyed the barracks and tower and procceeded on.
Suggestion: If you wanna fix this I can suggest you 1) Pause the peasents till the cinematic starts, or 2) change the ownership of the family and make them treat player 2 as neutral.

Escenary:
I like what you did while creating your world. the terrain, doads, and so on looks nice. I like how, overall, you tried to keep it W3 style, kudos for that.

Sound:
You can add some sounds files when the player interacts with the ambience or when they are on the correct path. For example, 2º chapter when finding out the scepter for the side quests. It's not necessary but gives flavour to it.

As I mentioned before, I did enjoy the campaign and looks really good for it to be your first one. I'd love to see more of this story.

Please have in mind some of these suggestions are small fixes that will bring QOL but they are not necesarry needed.
Thank you for your feedback. I am selfaware about most of those bugs and missed opportunities to improve the gameplay. I had some plans to make a sequal but I dont have much time to do so. If I decide to make a new campaign I will use your advices.