• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Crimson Sun

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Dawn of Crimson 2 - Rise of the Crimson Sun
An advanced AoS-style map.

This map has been dusting away on my harddrive for a year now, so I figured I might as well upload it here where it can be of some use. It's the sequel to my first map Dawn of Crimson - Requiem. I didn't like the way DoC turned out, but I liked some of the heroes, so I transferred them to this map and added stories which gives them more personality. Personally, I don't think this map turned out too bad, I just think it may be more fun with a full 6 vs 6 game since teamwork is the main theme of this game.

Update:
It's been 3 years since I last played WC3. I suddenly decided to get back and finish what I started. I've updated and fixed lots of stuff, so it should be more fast paced and fun that before. Hope you people like it.

Features:
- AoS-style map with up to 6 vs 6 players.
- Unique heroes with their own themes and stories.
- All spells and abilities are custom and triggered from scratch.
- No simple click to damage abilities.
- Universal buffs and conditions to make hero synergy and teamwork more interesting.
- Teamwork is the key to success, some heroes works better together than others. The combination of heroes on a team might be the key to victory. Some heroes might seem weak by themselves, but with the right teammate, he may be a destructive force.
- Resistance and immunities (granted by hero innate abilities, items and spells) to make gameplay more interesting.
- Items that changes the damage type that interacts with the resistance and condition system. Certain items may be of great use to some heroes, while others may not benefit as much.
- Reflect spells to reflect projectile spells.
- Items with custom triggered spells and passive abilities.
- Class based items and no "best" item, most items can be good, depending on the situation and hero lineup to make strategy more important.
- Each team has 8 unique heroes, plus 7 neutral heroes that both teams can play.
- An Observatory to always keep an area under surveillance.
- Rebalance teams if leavers makes it uneven.
- Purchasable creeps (cpu controlled) can give a small boost to a lane, some also have unique custom abilities that can assist your team.
- Free the Creep Commander to give your creeps a small advantage. Beware, though, if he gets killed, they gets a huge disadvantage for a short period.
- Whenever an enemy hero dies, allied creeps gets a morale boost, giving them a small bonus for a short period.

All other info can be found ingame under Map Info (F9).

Keywords:
Dawn of Crimson, DoC, AoS, Rise of the Crimson Sun, Crimson
Contents

Rise of the Crimson Sun (Map)

Reviews
18:45, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected