• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Heroes v1.7

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
-Rise of Heroes-

Created by: -Kobas -
Tested and translated in English: The_Mirai

This is a map inspired by maps such as ‘Custom Hero Arena’ and ‘Hero Line War’. It’s basically a Hero Defense type with many other cool features! :D

At start, Red player chooses the game’s settings:

3 difficulties:

1) Easy
2) Normal
3) Hell

And 6 modes:

1) All Pick
2) All Random
3) Random
4) All Intelligence
5) All Strength
6) All Agility

Every hero has a different integrated ability which makes him/her unique!

Objective of the map is to prevent the main building from being destroyed by upgrading the Hero you have chosen by learning 6 abilities for him. Vary between active and passive spells in order to make a winning, but also a teamwork, combination.

In order to purchase an ability, you will need Power, which is gained throughout the game (faster or slower, depending form the game difficulty you have chosen). All abilities *WILL UPGRADE AS THE HERO LEVELS UP*!!!!!!!

This map is still work in progress! Please, if you have any suggestions or find any bugs, post a comment or PM me at [email protected]

Latest update:
-Terrain change.
-More items.
-New global command: Map restart: After game finish red player can end or restart game without boring map loading.

Keywords:
Rise of Heroes, Rise, Hero, Survival, Defense, World Tree, Frozen Throne, -Kobas-
Contents

Rise of Heroes v1.7 (Map)

Reviews
19:31, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Re-moderating: Date: 2011/Oct/15 15:06:07 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map...

M

19:31, 3rd Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Approved
Update: Re-moderating:
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/15 15:06:07
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Newer version uploaded by original author: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/rise-heroes-v2-0b-156291/

Level 1
-improve the description (with coloured texts n stuff)
-do u have the permission of the creator to upload his map ?
- yes it really needs a singleplayer mode

Level 1
well uhm the difficulty of creeps dont increase after some waves (dunno...after 40 or something o.o) they just getting slightly more.
so after a while u just stand there and cast your AoEs without any problems.
try adding real boss waves (i would count the current "boss" waves more as minibosses)
how about a hero boss every 10th wave?
the strength of him depends on how many players are still in the game.(more people->stronger boss)

Level 4
Map Review
Terrain: 9/10 - good for a small map
Heroes: 8/10 - Most are good, balanced, although weak against the hordes of monsters..
Monsters: 7/10 - If you get more then 4 around you...your pretty much dead, custom, unique units/models from hive would be nice also
Skills: 8/10 - There needs to be more custom made spells, to make it seem more interesting, but not too OP
Overall Map Review Score:
34/40 - Good map :D

Level 1
@ FrozenFenrir:
the last wave is 35 and there are immum waves. Maybe you play the map before you make bad comments?

so why i ended up in an endless game at wave 300+ or something?
i used whosyourdaddy (yes, singleplayer) cause i got bored and wanted to see how many waves there are...but well there was no end.
oh end about that immune...so either that starfall spell or this ice-splitter skill do phys dmg cause i mostly killed the waves with those spells(maybe it were just the waves i used whosyourdaddy (i used it too somewhere in the middle cause i needed to use the toilet).

maybe you could actually imagine it could be a bug before you reply? wouldnt hurt you
oh and i ignore that "bad comment" comment of yours

Level 1
it was boring because there wasnt much variation.
well the "last level" is for me where the game actually ENDS
but it doesnt.
and its still not that impossible as u show it.
all u need is a good build, mass pots and a full equip (which isnt that hard)
ice splitters
that...anti armor aura (with the % chance to make dying creeps dmg the others around it)
starfall
a supportive passive (like that armor aura or evasion for example)
and either this bio alchemy ultimate or that laser (those int skills...i personally prefer that bio skill)

and then just running in circles and spamming skills(while healing of course)

Level 15
Rise of Heroes

Rise of Heroes is a hero defence game played with a hero chosen from 12. After which, players can choose custom skills and according to diffculty, hence the amount of skills.

Everytime your hero levels, all spells will level up automatically. Making this game very intuitive and relatively easy to play. Attracts new players easily. However due the the simplicity, this game gets bored very easily by players who seek profession.

The game offers a remake after each 'match' is ended and players can play round and round again, which again, makes it very boring as well.

Ratings: 3.5/5
:Overall the gameplay is very limited and many heroes are not balanced properly. There are many rooms for improve. First to start off is the terrain. There is a doodad that spam across the screen, making it impossible to view your hero properly in certain angles. Please balance and fix this terraining errors and hopefully this wins Enfos!

Level 2
hey i have found a version 2.5 of this map on its forum...but now i cant find..if you could help me find it or the link that would be greatly appreciated..thanks.

BTW awesome map!!!