1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ringwraith Pack (War of the Ring)

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"Open in the name of Mordor!"
- Khamûl the Black Easterling

Featuring
- Black Rider (Messengers of Mordor)
- Khamûl (Lord of Dol Guldur)

Author's Notes
The Black Rider and (slightly outdated) Khamûl both have mounted and dismounted animations, thus the despicable filesize. Since there is no regular horse skin in Warcraft III, I could not make the horse look like a black horse, so the Slavemaster/Warlord's horse will do.

I recently learned that the Ringwraiths are not undead, they are still alive (Holy shit!) Like Bilbo, the Nine obtained unspeakably long life. Unlike Bilbo, they were directly "changed" by Sauron, and they became such unnatural beings that their very presence instilled a primordial fear in friend and foe alike over the sheer wrongness of their existence.

Keywords: Nazgul, Black, Rider, Ringwraith, Wraith, Ring, War, Of, The, Rings, Lord, Sauron, Mordor, Evil, Ghost, Mounted, Dismounted, Horseman, Knight, Death

Changes
- Added Classic Khamul
Previews
Contents

Black Rider (Model)

Khamûl (Model)

Classic Khamul (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Excellent work!
  1. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The Black rider is fantastic, and its nice that both of the models is made only with ingame textures, but something with Khamul is unsettling for me:
    The armor could use a darker texture to fit with the Dark robes and the theme (maybe that is just the concept though), and he is way too short, looks like a dwarf
    Maybe give him more slower attack animations, such fast animations with the mace looks odd
    Also, why the models look "stealthy", for the lack of a better word, in the On foot animations?
    Also spell effects for spell animations would be nice

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Model study material

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How does he look short? O-o

3. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh, now i understand the black rider's stand alternate animations
    I don't know how to put it really... his proportions look small compared to, for example this Nazgûl (maybe because that one has robes), It is especially noticeable in the stand alternate (on foot) animations, might be because his WC3ish proportions though, but i think WC3 proportions don't fit him in this case...dunno.

4. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm open to suggestions to improve the Witch King's armour/proportions

The Nazgul model was based on the Nazgul in LotrO, which were bigger and more ghoulish than those in the artwork that inspired this particular model.
    [​IMG]

Here is the concept art I sketched out after I studied the poses and themes of the paintings above
    [​IMG]

I could upload more concept art like this for each model I work on, but I don't want to take up people's bandwidth

5. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think that my proportions problem with khamul probably stems from the alternate animations, and looking at the concept, his body should be a bit taller
    The armour, like i said, should use a darker colour/texture
    Also, according to the concept, maybe the armour could be changed to something like the armour of your Numenorean soldiers, that will definitely make it better.
    Or, probably you could just give him a robe.
    Edit: i also found out that the cape clips with the horse in attack -2

6. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    OH MY.... 5/5

One ask: The Death Knights (specially from Warcraft I ) is based on Nazguls?

7. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice mount/dismount animations! But they rode unicorns?

8. infrenus

infrenus

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oooh i like these cartoony boys, Dave, a question: What you making all these models for? I mean Im seriously not complayning, just like, you have so many ringwraiths from every incarnation now that its even hard to choose what one to use! Is that for the sake of every itteration or something like lotrO where you go around the eras?

Edit> I find it a bit funny how they pull their weapons out of hammer space

I'd say the wc3 versiosn are more akin in role than the ones in wc2. They have a limited number, tend to be made of powerfull knights and carry around magical runed swords that hurt your soul. Also their leader is some sort of lich king.

The wc2 ones were more wizard like, but in appearance they do have more similarity. Wc1 had necrolytes tho :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  9. Xelos

Xelos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another great models, well done

10. Jeff91

Jeff91

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good.

11. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Still working on the icon remakes :X

I keep messing up the ******* hoods.

12. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What happened to the Witch King and their horses? They are supposed to be black aren't they? :-/

13. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    They were left unchanged because I get bitched at with every alteration, hence why all I did was add Retro Khamul to the pack

14. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I do not want to find fault, because the models are really insanely cool, but why does Khamul wear witch-king's crown, not the isterling helmet?

15. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Technically speaking, the model is the Witch-King, but due to copyright shenanigans I decided to name the model after the only other Nazgul of note, outside of LotrO names Like "The Black Blade of Lebennin"

16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Heheh, now that is a nice move I'm glad you are striking back ;)

17. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Excellent work!

18. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    The cape is clipping through horse's tail in the walk 2 animation. Not a fan of the portraits, especially the black riders' with that low res sword texture in it.

19. YubelHaouJudai

YubelHaouJudai

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now we need the Fellbeasts that they ride on the movies if you know what I mean.