• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RiflemanElite

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Rifleman Elite v1.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of them as dwarven special forces - extremely skilled warriors trained to battle in both ranged and close combat, on any terrain and in any weather conditions. They are veterans of many wars and battles, most of them played key roles in defence of Dun Morgoth during the Second War. Elite Riflemen squads count up to 5 members, every one of them has a special squad insignia (the one presented here is a Hammer Squad member). They use modified Blunder Buss rifles with sniper scopes and bayonets, a deadly weapon for all occasions, and gnomish fragmentation grenades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walkspeed for this unit is: 240.

If you want the rifleman to attack with rifle animation only turn on only 1st attck.
If you want him to attack melee only - turn only 2nd attack.
Unfortunately - it is NOT possible for this unit to ranged attack units that are far
away and then melee attack them when they get close - because both (1st and 2nd) attacks use the same minimum range, so you must choose the attack you want, folks (well, you can also set the ranged attack to harm only air units and groud attack to damage land ones - but it's not to funny).

If you have questions about this model - mail me: [email protected]

Have fun. =]

TurieL

Keywords:
rifleman gun elite
Contents

RiflemanElite (Model)

RiflemanElite (Model)

Reviews
20:44, 1st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: I can't believe this model hasn't a model moderate review. Director's cut for it's awesome usage of animations, and the quality of the model itself is great
Level 1
Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!One of the best Models so far! MORE DWARVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Level 1
Leet icon, leet model, leet anims, what more can I say? 10/5. Definately gonna use this in my Rifleman Warz map.

@CoolEddie: Try changing it to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroRiflemanElite.blp and the disabled one to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNHeroRiflemanElite.blp

Level 2
its great, but i think it would be alot better if you trashed the poking attack and just made it shoot like the regular rifleman and have the knife as a cool looking effect, overall 5/5

Level 1
It is not working . could you help me a little and give me the right file name/path plz. Igive a 5/5 :). This is really a good model , ill use it in my map.

Level 3
The usefulness of this model is unmatched. Also, it looks unbelieveable in game, especially when the camera is zoomed in close, and the animations are perfect for all circumstances. One of the best, most useful, and original models I've seen in a long time, and believe me, I have seen a LOT of models.

Level 4
Hey I like this model!!! There is a way to make it gun animation for range and melee animation when it is at close range.

I use trigger for this animation.

Event: Unit-A unit is attacked

Conditions: And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to RiflemanElite
(Distance between (Position of (Attacking unit)) and(Position of (Attacked unit))) Less than or equal to 160.00
((Attacked unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True

Actions: Play (attacking unit)'s attack two animtion

This means that if a riflemanelite attacks in close range he uses the melee animation instead of his rifle animation.

Cool model!! 5/5

Level 8
A good model.
Pros:-
1) Good mesh.
2) Good Anims.
3) Good Texture concept.
4) Nice concept.

Cons:-
1) The texture of the hood does not look so good.
2) The muzzle of the rifle is strange.

4.5/5

Extra:-
I liked this melee and ranged unit combo idea. Also, the scar makes this guy look like "I'm the boss here. All you Blizzard Entertainment's rifleman are newbies. So f*** off if you do not want to obey my orders." I suggest you fix the muzzle and improve the texture of the hood. this is an excellent model.

Level 2
This is by far the best model on the Hive in my opinion. It looks best with the second skin you can use on it. This'll be used on my RPG, credit to you =)

Is there a way to use the Attack Slam animation instead of the default one? Thanks.

Level 3
No matter how many times i download it, it won't work. My bro got it working on his computer that is really crappy but i can't get it to work. The icon that goes with it works just fine.

Level 2
This is a very good model. i may use it in my battle map project
(Still need help,if you want info PM me)

Level 4
you probably could have both attacks, you could either set the max range for mellee at 50 and the min range for ranged at say 100 or you could give it a morph ability in which it stays the same model just the morphed version uses other attack, this could be called say umm... switch weapons, to encourage players you could increase the damage of the mellee over the ranged or give it better abilities when using mellee. I give it 5/5 good job :D

Level 9
Man this is 255 times better than the blizzard model
Veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy nice model
Give 10\5:smile: