1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Retera, Nov 12, 2019.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Check those in Magos' in the Node Editor/Manager.

2. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not at my computer atm so can't check but aren't those event objects? Don't remember anything about sound emitters specifically :p

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, objects and you can choose from more types of which, sound FX.

4. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Right, but sound emitter are something different, from the WC3 beta apparently, it's documented here I found: MDX Specifications

5. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Hey Retera, I was wondering if there were any tutorials around about how to use this tool in certain ways for Reforged models. I've been doing a little modelling using this but feel like there's easier ways to achieve some of the things I want to do :)

6. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can only think about @Retera's youtube channel : Retera that has several tutorials.

There might be others, I am not sure.

7. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I've seen that but personally I prefer written out tutorials unless its for 2D art.

Also @Retera I'm wondering if you've made any videos or tutorials about mapping a different texture to a unit using this program?

I've been wanting to re-texture the Human castle using the Gargoyle Spire and Graveyard textures but aren't quite sure how to do this.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  8. Mechanic

Mechanic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmmmm. After patch just updated, the Retera's Model Editor stopped working...

upload_2020-5-15_22-13-44.png

And, after I clicked "Ok" on the error pop-up, it took me back to the setup, and after I clicked "Ok" on the setup, it shut down itself. I couldn't open Retera's Model Editor anymore since the patch just updated...

upload_2020-5-15_22-16-2.png

9. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same thing happened to me 2 patches ago, because Retera Model Studio was open while wc3 updated.

What you have to do is start the program again, and once on the setup window, chose "Reset to defaults".
    It should work.

For some reason I had to do it twice but since then it has been working perfectly.

10. Mechanic

Mechanic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks!

11. SebioL

SebioL

Resources:
    Resources:
    This reforged model of the initial Footman is different from the current Footman that they present when we download the 1.32 patch from Blizzard. It has bigger shoulder pads, some differences in the shield and I particularly thought the first reforged versions were better.
    Does anyone still own this first Footman model?

12. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you mean the one I attached ?

I suppose because this comes from a Casc storage extraction I did back in January... haven't made any comparison with the current Casc storage though.

I put the whole model, portrait and textures just to be sure.

Attached Files:

13. SebioL

SebioL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Was this extracted in the first official patch that Blizzard released? Would this model be exactly this? (see attached image).
    Thank you friend. but ....
    The situation is that I bought Reforged shortly after the release and in this patch update 1.32. Simply, I believe that Blizzard has updated some models and just the Footman that I liked, she deleted. Replacing it with one that the community complained about being better, reducing some armor sizes and mainly totally changing the jambs, making them extremely smaller. I will not even go into the merit of the shield, which I believe does not exist the model with this shield from the first impressions and advertisements from Blizzard, which by the way, I thought it was much better with it. I believe that this shield was not even made available to the community in the first Beta release. I have a great lament and frustration, because I liked this initial proposed by them.

And I would love to get this Footman as the attached image.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  14. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I agree that the old footman looked better, although taste varies depending on people.

I just checked but unfortunately it's not the version you were hoping for.

I am not sure I have ever seen the shield, a pity as it really looks nice. Maybe it was indeed never released to the public...

15. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I checked with a copy of Reforged Beta build 13594 that I had lying around which was a very early beta build, but not the earliest. It may have been the patch when the Undead were added.
    It appears that even in that build, the Footman had the newer shield. I thought I recalled reading on the forums back then that the Footman shield was changed at or by the time the Reforged Beta became available.

16. SebioL

SebioL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Checked friends. This Footman that you made available, I believe it is from the January / 2020 patch and should not have very sharp changes in the entire armor, but only in the shoulders.
    In fact, the shoulder pads I believe are exactly the same as the initial Reforged, with a higher height, creating a more stylized fantasy armor. Thank you for saving this piece at the time, after all, today Blizzard suppressed that.

But as for the shield, we still have to settle for this cheap modification and without the same innovative brilliance as the advertising versions announced years ago. The first Footman was so good, this fashion of more spoiled people who keep complaining about everything, spoiled the initial model. As Reteras said ... maybe not even beta versions exist for this shield. Only at Blizzard offices or people linked to them can have it. It is getting harder and harder to get it! People criticized Footman from the beginning, so this sudden change was made a long time ago. I even suggest to you my friend, that you try to keep the models of the first BETA. We may encounter similar situations in other races.

Thanks again Macadamia, for saving this old version!

17. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are welcome.

In all honesty I really wish we had the graphical experience of the 2018 demo.
    This new shield is not very attractive, and thats just one of the many things Blizzard thought they would change (was it because of people complaints ?).

All we can do now is hope Blizzard gives us improved tools over the time (not even hoping for updated Art Tools, but who knows). that would allow more modelers to offer alternatives. RMSH is great, but still requires a lot of work from @Retera to become a perfect modeling environment.
    I just hope he does not get bored and finds the strength, but even more the time to give the community an update. This said, he's not a machine and does not get income from this :D

Crossing fingers !!!

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the main complaints were the big armour pieces, not the actual designs. Sure, there were nitpicks but those were not to be considered when Reforged was obviously not a loyal recreation.

19. Macadamia

Macadamia

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see.

Yes there are quite a few disappointing aspects, I wish the entire Reforged would live up to the fans hopes.
    I am still happy it was released, (especially if they add the missing features) because I suppose a little is better than nothing.

Although I admit for some it was less than nothing because of these lost features.

Now I don't want to be pessimistic, so I'll remain naive and hope Reforged keeps improving until people end up liking it.

All this being said, I still prefer the current Footman to the classic one :D

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think you can say that without clearly differentiating the two models for their fitting graphics environment.