• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retake the City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Another zombie killing map, except that instead of heroes your character is a "unit". Right now I have 12 "Classes", each with their own role in combat.

UNITS!?!?! But I want to have a character that levels up!!!
Yea I've gotten this a bit... Here is why I don't use heroes, I don't know how to trigger the game so that a hero can be resurrected with a spell.
That, and I really do not want another map where all you have to rely on is some stupid hero [over 50% of the maps I have seen requires you to control 1 hero]. So now you have to rely on a team of units in order to Retake the city.

This is a lot like Warchasers, there are already set Zombies throughout the map, as well as other items. You select your class and you are sent into a small room in the overrun Guild House [The Zombie Hunters Guild... yes its lame :slp: ] and you try to take out all the zombies, then you see a giant fat man, the first primary boss. Each boss has a few items that drop when killed, sadly, if you have an Item ninja in the group... you will lose. Items are my way of making the Classes stand out, you become very powerful over a long time [Sounds like a hero :grin:]. Also, each class has "class items", like a Guardsman has a Guardsman's Shield [only equip able by the guardsman... as the name implies]

Suggestions?
If you have any Boss ideas, Item Ideas, Game Modes, Class Ideas, or even want to ridicule me go for it as I am open for suggestions:grin:

Before I finish:
Here are the classes I have done:
Druid of the Fang: He is a Hybrid character, able to heal, cast spells, and shapeshift into a Spirit Wolf, making him a great DPS. Rather difficult to play as, but is very fun :grin:
Engineer: A support guy that can summon up droids and even send out a pocket turret. The only character that can repair. [Kind of not that great :thumbs_down:]
Assassin: One of the most overused models [and concept] on battle.net, the Assassin is a great DPS character that has great escape abilities, sadly he has hardly any mana and dies fast
Marine: Heavily armored soldier equipped with a Gatling Gun, the Marine has the heaviest armor and Hit points of any ranged character. He deals hardly any damage but attacks fast. Has many AoE abilities.
Guardsman: The highest defensive class with excellent Hit Point regeneration, the guardsman is for the player who likes to get into the thick of combat.
Sniper: Another overused model and concept [but never out of style :thumbs_up:] the sniper attacks from afar, but very slowly. Can boost up his speed but makes him weaker.
Priest: The best healer in the game, the priest is one of the only characters with resurrect and has an armor buff for those weak people [and the ones with armor]
Arcanist: A spellcaster whose magic is inspired by the stars and planets, the Arcanist is one of the only Nuke Mages in the game. [Unless one of you guys have any good mage suggestions :bored:]
Warmage : :spell_breaker: A class that likes to spellcast, fight, and buff the warmage is a very fun class to play. Also he can Combust Enemy Mana, hurting them even more :mwahaha:.
Avenger: The one and only hero!!! Well... hes actually not that great, except he is one of the only classes with resurrect. :sad:
Warmaster: An Aura bearer that can beat the crap out of enemies, the warmaster is loved by any group and hated by the zombies.
Storm Shaman: A Support/Nuke spellcaster, the Storm Shaman is credit to any team he is in, that and he can do the electric slide :slp:

Anyway, any suggestion is more then welcome.
Edit: I took out the Journeyman and replaced it with a new Class. Special thanks to The_Silent, Talon_the_Mage, and Tomura for their Models/Icons.

Last edited:
Level 10
Maverick: The badass kinda dude that can take a lot of damage and delivers high powered shots from his magnum but moves slowly.

Some ideas for this unit: Power Shot, Spray fire, (A type of aura that is given off due to his calm attitude), and an adrenaline spell.

Boss idea: Carnage- A large zombie like creature made up of other zombies being put together and he is big, bad, and likes to rip people to shreds and it not the fastest of all the zombies but sure packs a punch.

Level 4
@arafor:
Maverick: Interesting, a ranged unit with a pistol and heavy armor, I'll probably use the Orc Commander model from hive for him =D. Probably a rip-off of Megaman, but i like the idea.
Carnage: Another Idea i like, he will probably be a boss in the later part.

Rep +? y/n.... Yes =P +rep

Level 7
every player has a team that consists of units of the same class?
it would be cool if there where tons of unit class and each player wiill be able to form his own team :D

btw, ressurecting heroes is not that big of a deal.

Level 4
@DocDude: Yea i was thinking about making a map where each player makes their own "squadron", but I don't think it would work well in this game [Although I will add in a gamemode that allows player 1[Red] to set a # of units per player if there are less then 5 people playing].

Well, it really ISN'T a big deal with reviving [each person starts off with 1 Ankh] and you can buy more [Priced at 1000 Gold, sadly characters like the Priest will never buy an item =( ].

+Rep? Y/N, sadly no =(, no ideas were given, but I thank you for your advice.

I could use some Class ideas as well =] +Rep for ideas =D.

Engineer: A support guy that can summon up droids and even send out a pocket turret. The only character that can repair. [Kind of not that great :thumbs_down:]

NOWAY!

/me goes Boum!

Are you racist agains't Goblins?! :3

nice concept so far... but we want some screenshots :D

Level 4
@Mr.Goblin: Actually I was thinking about using the Tinker for the Engineer, but peasant is more amusing :grin:.
View attachment 67012

From left to right, note this is subject to change:
Engineer, Marine [This guy has a Machine Gun attached in-game], Guardsman, Assassin, Sniper, Priest, Arcanist, Warmage, Druid of the Fang, Avenger, Warmaster, and Storm Shaman.

I would attach my terrain, except that its only like 5% done :hohum: [that and its REALLY bad xD]. Mostly I have been drawing up concepts and doing a bit here + there when I am off work, but tomorrow I have no work =D. so I will try to add a ton of stuff and not play much TFT/RoC :sad:. I would, again, appreciate any ideas, more the merrier.

Also, what is your opinion on difficulty? Im thinking of having Noob, Easy, Nightmare, and Where's my mommy?.

Noob: Mobs have have -100 HP [except the Scavengers, as they only have 200 hp]. -10 damage, -5 armor, +500 Mana [except bosses, Mana Combustion/Mana Destruction abilities are more useful], and have no regeneration. Good if your team is a bunch of noobs, or really wimpy people.

Easy: No change, this is the normal gameplay.

Nightmare: Mobs have +500 HP, +15 HP/Regen, -100 Mana, Bosses now use "Special abilities", Bosses have +1500 HP and +30 HP/Regen.

Where's My Mommy?: Mobs have +2500 Hp, +100 Hp/Regen, -500 Mana, Bosses now use "Special Abilities", Bosses now use "Ultimate Abilities", bosses are now Magic Immune, the Final Boss now has "Ragnorak", making all units within 1500 range instantly die, takes 5 seconds to cast, and giant text will appear.

Tomorrow [10/8] I will try to add some bosses, areas, and maybe +12 more classes [hint, hint]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.