• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Diablo Tribute - Item Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
As some of you may know, I'm making a Diablo I Map in WarCraft 3, this map is highly based on other Diablo II maps (most of my map is based on Diablo II - Classic by WokVingador).

I'm having some doubts in the item class, since I wanted them to offer more than Attack Damage or Armor Points, and I've set the Classes:
  • Sword Class: Increases Attack Speed by 25%
  • Maul Class: Gives 20% chance to stun the target (no bonus damage)
  • Bow Class: Increases Attack Range by 550
  • Staff Class: Increases Mana Regeneration by 25/50/75/100% (based on item - Short Staff, Long Staff, Battle Staff and War Staff)
  • Axe Class: Gives 10% chance to deal 50% bonus damage
  • Helmet Class: Increases Life Regeneration by 25/50/75/100% (based on item - Cap, Helm, Full Helm and Great Helm)
  • Shield Class: Gives 35% chance to block 5 minimum damage and 10/20/30/40 maximum damage (based on item - Small Shield, Large Shield, Kite Shield and Gothic Shield)
  • Chest Armor Class: None!
The doubts I have are the following ones:
  • For Axe Class, should I keep the actual, decrease the bonus damage to 33% or change the bonus damage chance for Cleave, dealing 33% damage to nearby enemies?
  • For Chest Armor, should I increase the Armor Bonus, add some other bonuses or leaving to offer nothing?
I would appreciate some help with those doubts of mine and suggestions!

Level 13
Depends how fast your attack speeds are. 10% is a pretty small chance and might feel bad with unlucky streaks.

Looking at your other bonuses you already have Sword Class which is a consistent damage increase against a single target, and no weapon class has bonuses that favor multiple targets, so the cleave idea sounds better.

What do people use Chest Armor for? Survival presumably... I would have different ranks of Armor Class (e.g. Light/Heavy) to add some depth to your gearing process. Each type of armor class would have its pros and cons.

Level 20
Depends how fast your attack speeds are. 10% is a pretty small chance and might feel bad with unlucky streaks.

Looking at your other bonuses you already have Sword Class which is a consistent damage increase against a single target, and no weapon class has bonuses that favor multiple targets, so the cleave idea sounds better.

What do people use Chest Armor for? Survival presumably... I would have different ranks of Armor Class (e.g. Light/Heavy) to add some depth to your gearing process. Each type of armor class would have its pros and cons.

Thanks for you reply and suggestion. Here's what I've done so far, for some notion:
  • Each Agility (Might) point increases Attack Speed by 0.01 (0.02 is default); Attack Damage by 1; Armor by 0.1
  • Each Hero (Class) have Attack Cooldown in 2.20 (every 2.2 seconds they will attack) and 2-12 base damage
  • Helmets increases Armor by 2/4/6/8 and Unique Helmets increases Armor by 3/6/9/12
  • Shields increases Armor by 4/8/12/16 and Unique Shields increases Armor by 6/12/18/24
  • Chest Armors increases Armor by 6/12/18/24 and Unique Chest Armors increases Armor by 9/18/27/36
  • Swords increases Damage by 50/75/100/125% and Unique Swords increases Damage by 65/100/135/160%
  • Mauls (Maces) increases Damage by 45/65/90/110% and Unique Mauls (Maces) increases Damage by 60/90/120/150%
  • Axes and Bows increases Damage by 75/100/125/150% and Unique Axes and Bows increases Damage by 100/150/200/245%
  • Staves increases Damage by 20/30/40/50% and Unique Staves increases Damage by 25/40/55/65%
  • Damage Reduction by Armor Multiplier set to 0.05 (0.06 is default)
  • Unique Armors have Armor Bonuses increased by 50%; Unique Weapons have Damage Bonuses increased by 35%
About the Cleave for Axes, you recommend 33% damage or 50% damage to nearby enemies? To avoid Class OPness, should I set Heavy Armors to some classes, like:
  • Only Sorceror may wield Staves, only Warrios may wield Axes?

Level 5
Are you using wc3 critical strikes?
If you are do not forget that each time you do not inflict a critical strike the probability to do a critical strike on the next attack is increased until you get a critical strike.(which means that 10% critical strike gets on average more than one critical strike every ten hits)
If the opponents have a lot of armour(for example enough for taking only 50% damage) default wc3 cleave then can make the secondary targets take more damage than the primary target due to how cleave ignore armour(on the secondary targets but not on the primary target).

Level 20
Are you using wc3 critical strikes?
If you are do not forget that each time you do not inflict a critical strike the probability to do a critical strike on the next attack is increased until you get a critical strike.(which means that 10% critical strike gets on average more than one critical strike every ten hits)

Yes, the Axe Class Bonus Damage is the WC3 Critical Strike, since I'm not using triggers no Jass for any ability.

Level 5
So your axe on average will increase the damage per hit of more than 5%
Yes it would be significantly less dps increase than the sword if there was not that critical strike chance increase(unless you hit the speed cap)

Level 20
So your axe on average will increase the damage per hit of more than 5%
Yes it would be significantly less dps increase than the sword if there was not that critical strike chance increase(unless you hit the speed cap)

Yep, I wanted to keep the basic RPG system for weapons, One Handed weapons strikes faster, and Two Handed weapons deals more damage at the expense of Attack Speed.

Level 5
The only problem is that sword are going to have higher dps unless you have a hero that already attacks very fast.
If your hero have 0 agility your sword increase the dps of 25%
If your hero have 100 (agility + attack rate bonuses) then the sword increase the dps of 12.5%
So basically the sword increase dps massively(relatively to axes) in most cases unless you really have a lot of agility or attack speed increases in your equipment.
Which means that axe users are going to be the people who have so much increase in attack rate through agility and varied non weapon gear that increase attack rate that swords increase their dps less(for example everybody who reach the attack speed cap) and so the axe users will ironically be the fastest hitting people(or there will be only sword users if it is hard to get a lot of attack speed and/or agility)

If you change axe to be cleaving then it will stop needing to be compared to swords and it fix that problem.

Last edited:
Level 20
The only problem is that sword are going to have higher dps unless you have a hero that already attacks very fast.
If your hero have 0 agility your sword increase the dps of 25%
If your hero have 100 (agility + attack rate bonuses) then the sword increase the dps of 12.5%
So basically the sword increase dps massively(relatively to awes) in most cases unless you really have a lot of agility or attack speed increases in your equipment.
Which means that axe users are going to be the people who have so much increase in attack rate through agility and varied non weapon gear that increase attack rate that swords increase their dps less(for example everybody who reach the attack speed cap) and so the axe users will ironically be the fastest hitting people(or there will be only sword users if it is hard to get a lot of attack speed and/or agility)

Yep, the Starting Agility (Might) of Warrior and Rogue is 25, and for Sorcerer is 15. Each Agility gives 0.01 Attack Speed.

However, the Warrior have 2 skills that increases Attack Speed, Enrage, which increases Attack Speed by 25/50/75/100/125%; and the other is Inner Rage, which passively increases Attack Speed by 15/30/45/60/75%.

Level 8
Don't know if you are up to some triggering but Chest Armor could: 1. reduce debuff durations, 2. give a passive chance to negate debuffs (this is more easy), 3. reduce attack damage of melee attacks/spells for a duration (a DDS should be enough), 4. knockback reduction (only if such mechanic is prominent of course), 5. provide a high amount of HP while reducing move speed, 6. a brand new chance type that is called absorption (a chance to ignore damage, could be distincted from block -higher chance, low damage ignored-, and evasion -only physical attacks-, as absorption is very unlikely but unlimited), 7. provide armor AND any of the previous.

Level 20
What if chest armor straight up gave more health?

Yeah, I thought of this before, but back then Chest Armors required Vitality, which increases Life. But now that Chest Armors also requires Might, I guess the idea could be used again

Don't know if you are up to some triggering but Chest Armor could: 1. reduce debuff durations, 2. give a passive chance to negate debuffs (this is more easy), 3. reduce attack damage of melee attacks/spells for a duration (a DDS should be enough), 4. knockback reduction (only if such mechanic is prominent of course), 5. provide a high amount of HP while reducing move speed, 6. a brand new chance type that is called absorption (a chance to ignore damage, could be distincted from block -higher chance, low damage ignored-, and evasion -only physical attacks-, as absorption is very unlikely but unlimited), 7. provide armor AND any of the previous.

Yep, but my trigger skills are very limited. I also thought about every piece of armor to block damage but the damage taken from Fallens were almost nothing, and I also thought about Chain Mail and Gothic Plate to reduce Move Speed and add some Class Cap. I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.